Toronto Corus Quay | ?m | 8s | Waterfront Toronto | Diamond Schmitt

Re: Post: Waterfront Project Shrouded in Secrecy (Global?)

You may just be right Ed! I remember talking recently to somebody who works for Sympatico, and they were saying something about wanting to get new office space. Unfortunately, I can't remember the details, but I seem to recall that they had planned to move out to the suburbs, but the head of the division vetoed that idea since she lives downtown.

I'm also glad that it'll be an underground garage instead of the hideous parking decks on the central waterfront.

Sympatico currently has a large office at Queens Quay Terminal. At least one full floor IIRC.

Sympatico currently has a large office at Queens Quay Terminal
Excellent views too I might add. Luckily I don't work there otherwise I would have been fired for gawking out the window all day long.

Now I remember. That's right, it was Queen's Quay Terminal where he worked. I think the problem is that they have other workers scattered across the city. They had wanted to consolidate them all in some office park. Perhaps now they're looking at staying on the waterfront.

Could Sympatico alone have over 1,000 employees?

Or are we suggesting that this is a larger BCE move? (Not that I have any idea what BCE owns anymore.)

It does have about that number, but I think it's hazy as to who works for the Sympatico division and who is attached to other parts of BCE.

Another bit of info, from the TWRC Waterfront Design Review Panel agenda for Feb. 14th (next week):

www.towaterfront.ca/dbdoc...d77237.pdf

So Diamond + Schmitt is involved. Aren't these meetings open to the public? If so, I guess the press will be reporting on it soon enough.

AoD

Because hardly anything in the city is named after the person who is in her 56th year as the country's head of state?

Well, to many, it *seems* like it. Trouble is, it's all too often the Queen Mum that such naming actually refers to (eg. the QEW)

Maybe it's just a decoy to make people think work's progressing on the waterfront:

Project Symphony.

...or Simphony.

Virtual development.

Re: Queen

I love the Queen, but we don't need to name this significant new pier after her.

Re: Project Symphony

I'm going to try and stop by the Urban Design Review Panel meeting this week to see what's up.

Louroz

FM:

I think the pier is already named after her - it was not very well known, but nothing new.

I love the Queen, but we don't need to name this significant new pier after her.

Well, you won't be. It's in Toronto. You name things in the suburbs whatever you like.

babel has been a queen longer than Elizabeth has, and he isn't in his 56th year ... yet.

babel watched her June 2nd 1953 coronation on television when the babe in babel meant infant - not babelicious as it does now.

Back