News   Jun 28, 2024
 2.9K     3 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.6K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 607     1 

Corktown District (King & Sumach, Streetcar, to 6s, Quadrangle)

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
T

TheAlmightyFuzzy

www.corktowndistrict.com/flash.html

Another Brad J. Lamb , and a Streetcar Development project.

this will be located @ the triangle of where King St. E meets Queen E, after Sumach and before the DVP.

On a side note, looks to be that Eastside Lofts is now dead as it is no longer being advertised on BJL's website.

re:

interesting ... these blocks are fairly built out - wonder what is to be restored, expanded upon and replaced

Brad Lamb is a broker; not a developer

having a link disappear from his website could be a whole slew of reasons of which, I imagine, cancellation being the most unlikely

P.S. Eastside Lofts (Queen/Britain) or EAST? (King & Sherbourne)

EAST

There was an article in this month's "Bulletin" stating that the developers of EAST had received final approval from the OMB to proceed. They had strong sales so I doubt this project was cancelled. They were probably just waiting for the OMB decision.

Re: "East"

"East" sold amazingly quickly. I understand that 30% of them sold on the first weekend. It's a very well-designed building (IMO), and I look forward to it going up. It will complement a corner which is already pretty attractive.

RE: EAST

"...lofts and towns on Toronto's lower east side..."

*vomit*

RE: EAST

vomit, indeed! Equivalent to BSN's ads stating that Charles Street East is Toronto's Upper East Side! LOL...obviously the copywriter has never been to 65th and Fifth.

Re: RE: EAST

Comparing Charles St. East to Upper East Side is outright insane.

"...lofts and towns on Toronto's lower east side..."

*vomit*

I think you're being overly sensitive here - its not like the former city or downtown is devided between North and South

Could be worse. They could have said Toronto's Downtown East Side, with all that connotes in people's minds...

pretty sure East Lofts is now under construction, there is a hoarding around the site

"P.S. Eastside Lofts (Queen/Britain) or EAST? (King & Sherbourne)"

Yes I am aware that EAST was an easy seller, but I was refering to Eastside Lofts (Queen/Britain) which seems to have faded into obscurity, most likely because it had difficulty achieving approval by the city as mentioned before on this forum (?).

The one at Queen/Britain was reduced in size from 13 floors to 7. The planners rejected 7 as well so I'm sure the developer is rethinking his plans. The 10 storey for the corner of Queen and Sherbourne by the same developer received a similar rejection.

pretty sure East Lofts is now under construction, there is a hoarding around the site

There is no hoarding, and construction has not started, as of Friday, it was still being used as storage.

Here is the OMB report which details the past events, the issues and the decision.

OMB Report

Construction should start within the next few months, but occupancy which was originally scheduled Dec 2007 has been pushed to mid-end of 2008, due to the 6 months or so it took the case to go from the city rejecting it to the OMB approving it.

I wonder if ntsuch meant Edge which is across the river at Queen + DVP. Not sure about this one, I understood Streetcar's next development to be the land south of King, east of Sumach - this marketing seems to indicate that this is north of King.

Back