News   Sep 06, 2024
 1.6K     8 
News   Sep 06, 2024
 607     0 

CN Tower-A new look at an old friend

androiduk

Member Bio
Reaction score
Some close-ups of our old friend the CN Tower.

cn1.jpg

cn2.jpg

cn3.jpg

cn4.jpg

cn5.jpg

cn6.jpg

cn7.jpg

cn8.jpg

cn9.jpg

i've never seen such close-up shots!

what are the squares in the concrete for?

cn2.jpg

I'm pretty sure the fees from the broadcasters using the tower make up a significant portion of their income with the tourist entry fees are just the icing on the cake.

i've never seen such close-up shots!

what are the squares in the concrete for?

cn2.jpg

Those are where the maintenance gnomes live. They come out at night and slide down those black cables.

They really need to clean the tower up. It should be reclad in something different or painted. It's complexion is as poor as a dehydrated, acne ridden rube wandering The Great Salt Desert in Utah.

thanks androiduk.

personally, i think it's some sort of secret code put there by the freemasons in order to communicate with the aliens that built the egyptian pyramids as described by george clinton from parliament funkadelic. ;)

p.s, wouldn't it be cool if they put a giant sprinkler head on top of the tower and watered the city that way? :)

I wonder if those squares were used to support the forms for when the skypod was constructed.

I'm pretty sure the fees from the broadcasters using the tower make up a significant portion of their income with the tourist entry fees are just the icing on the cake.

There was something in the paper in the last couple of years, on the (then) approaching 30th anniversary, which said the opposite. Income from visitors continues to far exceed the income from boradcasting, the tower's originally-intended purpose.

Some close-ups of our old friend the CN Tower.

cn3.jpg

cn8.jpg

What's with those skid marks on the new donut? How could anyone get a car up there?

Does anyone know why they don't illuminate the red ring at the top of the observation deck anymore? Along with the slanted roof below it? The tower would look a lot better if the entire observation deck was lit up at night, opposed to just the bottom 3rd.

Good CN Tower pics!

Android: Good CN Tower pics here!
Another way of looking at a modern-day Toronto icon-looking good after more then 30 years! LI MIKE

Back