News   Oct 02, 2024
 311     0 
News   Oct 02, 2024
 391     0 

Cinemateque Ontario: Of Time and the City

rdaner

Member Bio
Reaction score
I saw this last night and loved it! Did anyone else catch one of the three showings? The real reason for this post is to express how much I like Cinemateque Ontario and the great feeling of being in a cinema without an empty seat enjoying a film about a gifted storytellers relationship with his home city. It is nice that Toronto has been able to plan and complete so many cultural projects at once and even nicer to see people coming out to use them.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1232790/

Sorry I missed it. Cinemateque Ontario is an incredible resource and it is gratifying that it is so well attended.

rdaner - I caught it when it played TIFF last fall, and yes, it was one of the true delights of the festival. Very funny, very cutting.

I can't wait to see how the film festival group will transform Cinematheque once it moves in the Bell Lightbox. With 5 cinemas at their disposal there it will be very interesting to see if they manage to fill all those seats, and how often.

And what will the AGO do with Jackman Hall once Cinematheque has moved on? Will they be up to the task of keeping the projectors flickering?

Back