News   May 08, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   May 08, 2024
 1.2K     2 
News   May 08, 2024
 2.9K     3 

CIA Leak Investigation: In the end, it will mean nothing.

A

Antiloop33rpm

So Im curious as to if anyone else on this forum is following the investigation? Ive been keeping pretty up to date following progressive websites and radio and its really very fascinating. The last credible updates are indicating that not only are a lot of people going down, but the scope of the report may well cover issues that deal with the fundamental reasoning behind the War in Iraq and falsified information. Some political analyst are saying that what is going to happen in the next week is going be rather monumental. Needless to say, Im pretty excited at the thought of the Bush regime falling over this.

Its also been interesting to see how independent media sources and the political blogs have really begun to progress. Many of them are breaking stories days before corporate has been and many have really moved beyond just simple, amateur, tin foil type sits to taking a rather serious approach to it all.

And of course you have the issue of Judy Miller which I am really curious to see how exactly she has acutally been involved in this all.

Regardless, its going to be a fun week in American politics.

Re: CIA Leak Probe

Interesting that the Gomery report and the Plame affair report will come out at the same time...

mr.%20hankie.jpg
+
ef-d10t.jpg

Interesting will be the two contrasting effects they have on each countries politics. The Gomery report will, and to some extent, has allready hurt the Liberals (especially in Quebec) and has seen the Liberals struggling to keep their minority government alive. The Plame investigation, as I have sadly realized, will have no effect at all on the current administration and will simply serve as a small inconvenience for them and be tossed into the growing pile of corruption from the Bush regime.

Everytime I read the title of this thread I cringe and think of a bladder stone procedure.

CNN-- Lewis "Scooter" Libby, Vice President Cheney's chief of staff, indicted by grand jury on charges of obstruction of justice, making false statements and perjury in CIA leak probe.

Thats one. Im waiting for 2:00 to chime so that I can listen to the press conference and finally find out what is going on.

Edit: So despite the fact that this is still an important case, deals with national security, and should expose the entire administration as one that is corrupt and willing to pursue their own interests on the backs of Americans, it will amount to nothing.

The right wing will begin its smear campaign, they will call it a technicality, they will feel vindicated that only one went down. And the fact that the issue of falsified documents that were used as the central proof that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction and thus create a reason for war, was not mentioned, is reason enough for Bush and Co. to cheer.

So much hope that this could have actually changed something, all gone up in smoke. Pity.

lets play the plame game..

bush pushes for iraq war based on documents obtained by the cia that state sadam was buying yellow cake from niger.

wilson goes public and states that the cia ducuments are fake and bushit just to justify the war, hence - bush is a liar.

the bush administration, pissed off at wilson, reveals to robert novak (conservative) & judith miller (conservative?) that wilson's wife (plame) is a secret cia operative in order to put plame's life in danger and ruin her career.

novak states his sources of information, those involved try to put on a teflon coat and it's no big deal in the media.

miller doesn't state her sources because she is a journalist and she has that oath of confidentiality and therefore goes to jail and lou dobbs reports every day -every day that she is in jail so to convince to joe public that miller is the victim
because all she's trying to do is keep her rights - taking away from the whole focus of the situation.

nothing like conservatives using liberal rights to defend themselves and at the same time using those liberal rights as the reason why the conservative criminals are protected 'eh! did they wanna teach the liberals a lesson? that's one ****ed up double edged sword if i ever seen one.

miller gets out of jail because she agrees to talk because her source said it's ok.

miller states that her source is cheney's advisor "scooter".

scooter takes a hit for the team.

so what do we got now?

plame's is gonna have to hide in a closet for the rest of her life.

novak released the name of plame's bogus cia front company - thus possibly revealing the identity of many other cia operatives and destroying their work and safety. i wonder if the bu$h admin did this to protect some saudi terrorists or something. kinda give them the heads up 'eh.

scooter is in trouble, rove is safe. no big deal.

but hey, what about having those yellow cake documents and eating them too?

the only think this story lacks is a good sex scene.

who's gonna get fu<ked in the end?

the only think this story lacks is a good sex scene.

There were rumours that Judith Miller and Scooter had a little love affair going on. But even if it that was true, thats not exactly a steamy sex scene (allthough I cant imagine any sex scene being good when one of the involved is going to be some overweight, pasty faced, middle aged, balding Republican).

who's gonna get fu<ked in the end?

Same people as always, the American people.

Same people as always, the American people.

but i thought the bush admin preached abstinence?

..oops, i'm sorry. i forgot, they're married to bush. that makes it ok :\

but i thought the bush admin preached abstinence?

Everyone knows that anal doesnt count. Come on, its there in the bible. I think its in Bottom 3:14 'For Jesus came out from the bath house and told the deciphals to remember if the dude is straight, its doesnt count as gay sex'

CNN-- Lewis "Scooter" Libby, Vice President Cheney's chief of staff, indicted by grand jury on charges of obstruction of justice, making false statements and perjury in CIA leak probe.

fibbys_small_smaller_images.jpg

Nah, it's a good good week. Just enjoy it. I watch a lot, or too much, CNN everyday. Even they are having fun it seems.

Back