News   Jul 17, 2024
 458     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 997     0 

Central London, Ontario

rdaner

Member Bio
Reaction score
Creating this as there is a lot going on in this rapidly growing city’s core. Some of these may warrant threads but I will let others decide. The first interesting thing is yet another church expanding uses to stay viable. This is a stunning structure and the area around it is densifying quickly. Several examples across the country. Secondly is the mention of Trinity Centres Foundation as a group organized to facilitate such moves.

Thanks to Jammer189 on SSP London for posting this.

Excellent plan for much needed revitalization in the downtown. Churches are totally passe, so creating dynamic cultural hubs out of such beautiful heritage structures is a logical evolution that will actually attract people.

I noticed the Metal Tree sculptures in London and thought that they are great! A few images from last weekend but I didn’t get any of the newly built plaza with a dozen of them that looks quite nice! 😩

IMG_2751.jpeg

IMG_2752.jpeg
IMG_2753.jpeg
IMG_2754.jpeg

Central London is about to get a lot easier to get around with Ridout Bridge re-opening soon. It connects the nice part of downtown with a trendy/healthy neighbourhood to the immediate south. Taken from FB London Past, Present, Future.

And look at all of that riverfront land!!!

IMG_3087.jpeg

The LFP has an article about long vacant industrial land being rezoned for residential. Two sites are interesting: both sides of York for several blocks adjacent to the train staion and on the south edge of downtown. Also a large site next to the Kellogg Factory which is a really successful mixed-use complex and soon to be Hard Rock Hotel.

From Jammer139 on SSP.

Last edited:
Apparently the budget for the City Hall rehab/ new residential tower is $125m.

Back