2.2K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 564     0 

Cabbagetown Festival this weekend

Admiral Beez

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Hey folks, don't forget the Cabbagetown festival this weekend. It's always a great event and good time. The craft sale in Riverdale Park is great, as is the Parade. The following weekend is the CT tour of homes.

Hey - those events take place during the Film Festival. I'm not sure why anything else in town even happens during those ten days.

You can't go to the movies 24/7. I will try to get to the craft sale before I go to breathe the air in the same room as George Clooney. Mmmmm....George Clooney.

About ten years ago, when eBay wasn't as big as it is now and people didn't sit at home with digital cameras listing their knicknacks online, the huge autumn multi-street garage sale in Cabbagetown yielded many excellent finds for collectors, and pickers, and antique dealers alike.

For those of us who find the hurly burly of TIFF a bit daunting, last nights 16th Annual Cabbagetown Short Film & Video Festival was an eye opener. I had never been before. I had never even heard of it before. My expectations were not particularly high, so I was dead surprised at the very high quality of the shorts & videos screened. It is now on my annual "must go to" list. There was not only a wide variety of entries from across Canada, but also some excellent product from UK, Hong Kong, USA, Belgium & France. One other surprise was how white, straight & frumpy the audience was. I guess the local swells were at TIFF.

Back