News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.7K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 534     0 

Bloor St. Bicycle Activists

M

M II A II R II K

www.takethetooker.ca/

Fight climate change, smog and T.O. transport inequities with bikes!

Let’s make a bicycle expressway along Bloor/Danforth as a living legacy for Tooker Gomberg www.greenspiration.org

There’s a real need for a strong network of bike lanes that are safe and convenient for city bike commuters.

We need a west-east bicycle expressway connecting the whole city.

The subway makes the Bloor/Danforth a logical place to restrict cars and to favour bikes. The route is long, direct and flat — let’s make it safe for all cyclists.

TaketheTooker would cost about $25 thousand/km compared to $125 million/km for more car(nage) on the Front St. Extension.

And it would provide read safety for many cyclists with tons of benefits to Toronto and the planet.

What a deal!

City Elections are less than a year away. Let your City Councillors know what you think. app.toronto.ca/im/council...illors.jsp

Was approached on the street by them today, my first thought was if there's any room for a bike lane on Bloor St.

There seem to be a lot of these interesting type of activists. I doubt they've done their homework, though. Is this actually feasible?

I am a choice rider of the TTC, but I occasionally need to drive downtown. When I do, I prefer to take Bloor street. It is a matter of feeling a part of the city.

I drove by them today.

There seemed to be enough room for cars and bikes down Bloor. I'm sure some sort of appropriate planning could work out the details.

I ride down bloor a lot, there's room. There is room on Davenport, at Avenue, for a bike lane --- it's tight, but mostly works.

--

When I drive i avoid Bloor at all costs...Harbord or Dupont. I feel part of the city when i'm on my bike or on foot. In order to avoid road rage, i avoid bloor. I do get bloor bike rage though, cuz of no bike lane. Especially in front of the Gucci store. Always a BMW SUV blockade there.

Bloor really needs to be resurfaced - every little pothole or pavement cut is noticeable on a bike.

Back