News   May 02, 2024
 158     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 210     0 

Best Club/Restaurant Combo

B

Baghai747

Hey guys,

I will need your help again on some suggestions to take a group (7 couples) out for a nice dinner (not to pricey) and after that a walk to a nice club (walking distance so no need to pay for parking twice in one night). This will be on a Saturday. Possible locations: Yonge/Eglinton, Downtown TO, Mississuaga, Yorkville...etc

Any help from you urbanites will be appriecated! Thanks! :)

Many clubs also have restaurants: Biermarket, Montana, etc. In fact, by law, all bars must have at least SOME food available. Some places just keep a few bags of chips around, because for some reason they aren't interested in being a "restaurant" as well.

It sounds like such an easy question to answer with all the restaurants we have, but I'm sort of at a loss. All the restaurants I can think of (my favourites) would not be able to accommodate 14 at one table. The one exception I can think of is, of course, expensive, which was your other constraint. (When you have the money, go to Rain - probably over $100/person, but excellent.)

The best answer I can think of is a big Chinese restaurant. They always have big tables and now's the best time to go because people are paranoid about Chinatown so you know they will be happy to see you and service will be good. (Of course, because we are not seeing community spread of SARS in Toronto, you know frequenting Chinatown is not an issue.)

Chinatown will also put you within walking distance of the clubs of the Entertainment District. I'm not a club guy, so I can't advise you there. Pick the best looking lineup?

My usual answer to this would have been the Gypsy Co-Op on Queen West - but last time we were there I noticed they raised the prices and slimmed down the menu - now a main will cost you over 15 bucks. Greedy grabbers!

Back