1.2K     0 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 547     0 

Best Breakfast/Brunch

B

BuildTO

A while ago I read a good review of Cora's in Mississauga. It is a Québec-based chain that serves breakfast and lunch, and has a reputation for good food.

I finally made it there recently and it didn't disappoint: reasonably-priced, ample servings, quality ingredients, and good service. I had a set breakfast that included two eggs, toast, pork & beans, hash browns, and pieces of bacon, sausage, and ham (on a sort of pancake). There was also a small disk that was a sort of paté. I also got a mixed fruit drink that tasted like pure blended fruit. The biggest disappointment was that I couldn't order everything on the menu. There was a crêpe that had fruit and custard inside which is still calling my name. :)

If you want to try this place, it is 4120 Dixie Road (above Burnhamthorpe, if I remember). It is lined up out the door on weekends, which is a sign that this ain't no Golden Griddle. Forget about going in a big group; as tables freed up they were taking pairs before even groups of three or four. At noon there was quite a line up but by 1:00 pm there were empty tables.

Any other brunch recommendations?

The Sunset Grill is pretty good for breakfast, and fairly cheap. The location in the Beaches used to be 24 hrs, but they discontinued that a couple of years ago. I think the Danforth location still is, but I'm not sure.

I guess everyone on this forum wakes up after brunch hours.:p

Try Vervienne on Queen East. Coffee's there almost before you sit down (critical at brunch), great space, beautiful patio, excellent food. I particularly recommend the fruit filled pancakes, but you really can't go wrong with anything on the menu.

Back