1K     0 
News   Jun 25, 2024
 1.7K     3 

Beautiful modern buildings in North York

waterboy

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hello all,

Long time reader but first time poster here! I would really appreciate your help.

I am getting married soon and am looking for a site close to North York for wedding day pictures. We don't want the typical garden shots. We would prefer to have modern architecture in the background (I am not sure 'modern' is the technically appropriate term, but what I mean is steel and glass -- something like the Ontario Architects Association building... which is one option). The site would have to look really nice during the day, and not just in a night shot, which is my main concern with the OAA.

This would be easy if we could make it downtown for the pictures, but we are squeezed for time that day. Do you have any ideas of an interesting site somewhere north of, say, Eglinton; south of Hwy 7; east of Hwy 400; and west of Markham Rd. ?

Another option is something with an unobstructed view of the city, for example from a rooftop pool somewhere.

Thank you!

Wow I sure hope that your fiancée is ok with this idea. You might also want to get your standard parks and trees and flowers background in there too. Congratulations on the upcoming wedding!

Wow I sure hope that your fiancée is ok with this idea. You might also want to get your standard parks and trees and flowers background in there too. Congratulations on the upcoming wedding!

LOL... yes actually we both agree that we do not want the standard.

North York Centre sounds good, perhaps around Mel Lastman Square? One Modern building which I love is the Forest Hills complex on Antibes Drive in the Bathurst and Finch area. I don't know if the opportunities for photographs are great there, but it is a beautiful pair of buildings with a lot of glass.

Back