News   Apr 19, 2024
 333     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 8.9K     2 

Baby, we got a bubble!?

Last edited:
I know it's fun to villainize landlords, but the real travesty is that rents feel like they don't have a better option than this.
i agree , if i was a student i would do the same, what else can you do ? sleep outside in the park in a tent

was reading a story of one older lady that sold her house and wanted to rent during retirement , her total pension income was $45K , she couldn't even qualify for a 1 bedroom apartment in Toronto, she even offered to pay 12 months rent up front

With minimum income requirements, to qualify for an apartment a potential tenant must have an income high enough to ensure that s/he does not pay more than, for example, 25%-35% of that income towards rent.

was reading a story of one older lady that sold her house and wanted to rent during retirement , her total pension income was $45K , she couldn't even qualify for a 1 bedroom apartment in Toronto, she even offered to pay 12 months rent up front
Without knowing the circumstances, on the surface that sounds like madness. If you own your house outright you don’t sell it to rent elsewhere. Instead, you rent out your house and use that to pay your own rent.

Without knowing the circumstances, on the surface that sounds like madness. If you own your house outright you don’t sell it to rent elsewhere. Instead, you rent out your house and use that to pay your own rent.
I can understand it. Many people, I included, simply don't want the hassle of being a landlord.

Back