News   May 07, 2024
 201     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 619     1 
News   May 06, 2024
 1.2K     0 

Australian Race Riots

You should see the segregation in Melbourne. Or Toronto, lol.... Check out Etobicoke for example. Taking the Kipling and Martin Grove buses lately, looks like Eglinton West serves as a racial divide--white and asian to the south; everyone else to the north!

Is Etobicoke south of Eglinton 100% white and Asian? Are there no whites and Asians north of Eglinton at all?

I've been to both Aus and Canada and I have to say that yes unfortunately Australia is not as open to multicuralism as it appears to be (in some cases). For a country which openly refers to itself as "multicultural" racism is a constant issue in aus. I think most people believe it is just racism towards indigenous Australians and it doesnt just branch out from there. Having not been to Sydney I cant say the situations the same, but in perth I know few people who arent agressive to some ethnic group.

Are you equating Canada with Toronto. This is certainly a city-by-city thing, not national.

Toronto is well beyond the point where such a riot could occur, as the majority of residents are immigrants... and the rest don't so much as own a Canada flag.

... and the idea of Canadians 'rioting' over anything is rather fanciful. Lots of good old fashioned bitching though, to be sure.

Back