410     1 
News   May 02, 2024
 179     0 
News   May 02, 2024
 236     0 

Anyone here been to Canoe?

L

LadyAmanita

I did, and loved it. One of my peeves is squalling or bratty kids in restaurants, whose parents do nothing but ignore them. Canoe did not have this problem- my friend and I were the only non-business people in there. The staff were very nice to us, and got a great tip for their trouble. And the food? OMG, It was good. NOT cheap, but really good. My friend and I both had the chicken fusilli.

And you can't beat the location, either. 54th floor of the TD Tower. Yeah, I know about CN Tower, but there you've gotta go through security (something I have NO desire to do while wearing full kimono) and it's tourist heaven, I bet.

So to anyone who's been there, what do you think? Love it or hate it?

Never been to Canoe but just FYI...

The security at the CN Tower isn't a full body search or anything. You walk through this system that blows a little wind on you and 'sniffs' you for explosive materials...and away you go. Takes only a few seconds.

When I was there last it was a combination of tourists and locals...but don't worry, the tourists won't bite ya. :D

It's worth the experience even if you are a local. Try and go as the sun sets so you can see the city during daylight and in the evening. Incredible sight. 8o

Things must have changed since I was there..when I was in the CN Tower lobby last, I saw them making people open their coats and everything. I don't know how they would react to a lady clad in a multiple layered kimono..Asking me to show them the underlayers would be almost like asking a woman in western attire to show her slip or camisole. And way more awkward, considering all the cords holding everything in place:)

I decided not to go in that day- I was carrying a small ceremonial dagger I had just purchased up on Yonge st, and did not know whether they would just ask me to check it, or would I get in trouble.

Went to Canoe a few weeks ago for drinks. The view was good, the bathrooms were nice. But i mostly looked out the window and tried to block my ears of the innane conversations around me about "opening my my 911 on the 407" or some crap. It's nowhere. Cultureless wasteland. But nice view, if you deal with the nowhereness of it. Full of monsters.

I've been there for dinner. It's a little less businessey than at lunch. Then again, I wasn't paying much attention to the people around me. The view is outstanding and so is the food. It's really well prepared. The service is commensurate with the price.

The antidote to those suits? Bring along a friend with a really warped sense of humour:rollin
My friend and I sat there at our window seat, and joked around the whole time. It was pretty damn cool.
I still remember his comment when we were walking toward the TD Tower.."All these suits, I feel my ass getting tighter with every one I see!"
Get yourself a good partner, and give those boring suits something to listen to:D

I'll bet the "security" device at the CN Tower is the old "neural scan" left over from Tour of the Universe...

Back