News   May 03, 2024
 1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 614     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 297     0 

Anyone check out the Free Dominion site?

A fellow named "Admiral Beez" is on that forum. Looks like he moved to Fredericton after all.

He's being attacked mercilessly for being a 'Liberal toady' because he's calling for a Conservative party leader who is a statesman and not hung up on petty moral and regional issues.

Interesting.

My goodness ... our Admiral Beez? I remember the Admiral way back when he was stalking the streets of Cabbagetown with his little cricket bat in order to fend off aggressive canines. I don't recall him having a particularly "liberal" stance, but I guess it all depends on your perspective.

A random quote by a user in a discussion (for lack of a better word) on Mike Harris vs. John Tory

I love Mike Harris but lets not forget that the Harris government was VERY pro-homosexual.

That about seems to sum up the site. To each there own and not to fall into the trap of generalizing but this seems to follow a path of Conservative reasoning often based on avoiding the issues and lots of loud talking.

I love Mike Harris but lets not forget that the Harris government was VERY pro-homosexual.

That is such bullshit. The Harris government, being neo-liberals that they are, more or less kept themselves away from any moral issues. That being said, they can still be rather mean-spirited about these things. For example, when the laws in Ontario had to be amended to address conjugal rights of same-sex couples, as a result of the M v. H ruling from the Supreme Court, they introduced Bill 5 - An Act To Amend Certain Statutes as a Result of the Supreme Court of Canada’s Decision in M v H. (yes that is the name of the Bill!). That tells you how much of a pain in the ass they can be.

GB

conservatives sure do love homosexuals. they talk about them all the time. we need to stop the conservatives before they destroy canada with all their gay propaganda and homosexual agenda.

they talk about them all the time.

Makes you wonder doesn't it. Thou'st does complain too much, I believe is the saying.

In all seriousness that site gives me the creeps. I found it while looking up CP news; was interested to see how they're dealing with the Grewal fiasco. I'm definitely a right leaning economists, but keep religion and morality in your house, IMO.

Back