1.1K     0 
News   Jul 22, 2024
 547     0 

Animal hospitals in Toronto

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
S

Suicidal Gingerbread Man

I recently took my cat to the Bloor Animal Hospital for a simple annual checkup, and holy crap, the bill was like three times what it was outside of Toronto. Its ridiculously expensive to get just a checkup for pets in this city, if that place is any indication.

Does anyone know of a good animal hospital in this city that will not cost an arm and a leg?

I take my Jack Russell to the Queen West vet clinic (just west of Niagara St.). They seem pretty reasonable.

We use Bay Cat and Dog Hospital on King Street East for our dog. They have reasonable hours (open late several nights during the week and Saturday mornings) and they don't seem too expensive.
And the staff love our dog!

My sis recommended Euclid Animal Hospital to me, I've used them for my first kitty. They seemed very nice there and the prices were affordable. Alas, I've moved away now.

I'm pretty sure that the Dundas Animal Hospital in the Sears merchandise lofts is over-priced though.

I'm pretty sure that the Dundas Animal Hospital in the Sears merchandise lofts is over-priced though.
$5,000 later I can attest to that. They are very good though.

Yikes!! What were you doing, a reverse spay / neutering?!

Our cat came down with fatty liver disease mixed with anorexia. No joke. He was days away from dying and is now perfectly back to normal.

While I'm at it, this is The Jerry...

Jerry2.jpg

Your cat had ANOREXIA?!?!? Was she formerly married to Prince Charles or sumpin? Was she obsessing over pictures of the supermodels in Kitty Vogue?

Anorexia isn't necessarily the result of deliberately starving oneself. It can be a state that results from a restricted diet due to loss of appetite caused by a medical condition for instance. If Darkstar's pussy had fatty liver disease he probably wouldn't have felt like eating much.

Anorexia isn't necessarily the result of deliberately starving oneself. It can be a state that results from a restricted diet due to loss of appetite caused by a medical condition for instance.
Babel's got it. He developed anorexia due to the condition. Sadly, fatty liver disease is a rare condition in cats that isn't easily diagnosed. Therefore, he was tested for everything under the sun (and even opened up for observation), before they could diagnose him with FLD. All these tests and his two weeks of hospitalization are what augmented our bill significantly.

Anyway, enough pussy talk from the gay contingent. ;)

:evil Dr. Babel, he's out there and practising without a licence ...

Are you going to do a Joanne Kates' esque story for the Globe?

About 18 months ago, Joanne Kates, the Globe's restuarant reviewier, did a multipage story about her daughter's anorexia, which was ironic on so many different levels.

Back