News   May 13, 2024
 774     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 753     0 

A revisit to the Magnificent East Toronto ruins and Bluffs.

M

miketoronto

O.K. guys, I was going through my picture files and came across my old pics from the Scarborough Bluffs and Guildwood Park. So I thought I would post them. Enjoy.

I think the Guild and the Bluffs are such a magnificent natural area, and culture(in terms of the Guild) that is not given enough attention in Toronto. Enjoy this looks.

Click on this link for nice music to go with the pics.

www.musicolympus.com/enya/sia1.mid

Elizabeth Simcoe wrote:
"The [eastern] shore is extremely bold, and has the appearance of chalk cliffs, but I believe they are only white sand. They appeared so well that we talked of building a summer residence there and calling it Scarborough."

SCARBOROUGH BLUFFS
The pictures below are from a hike Jenn and I took from Bluffers Park to the Beaches area of Toronto at the base of the Scarborough Bluffs.

bl4.jpg

bl3.jpg

bl6.jpg

bl9.jpg

bl11.jpg

bl13.jpg

bl15.jpg

bl17.jpg

bl18.jpg

bl24.jpg

bl25.jpg

bl19.jpg

bl30.jpg

bl20.jpg

bl31.jpg

bl21.jpg

bl23.jpg

bl37.jpg

Yes we hiked all the way from the Bluffs in the distance to The Beaches near downtown Toronto.
bl35.jpg

bl42.jpg

GUILDWOOD PARK

gu5.jpg

gu6.jpg

gu7.jpg

gu11.jpg

gu8.jpg

gu12.jpg

gu9.jpg

gu10.jpg

Re: A revisit to the Magnificent East Toronto ruins and Bluf

i used to live around there. practically grew up there, before i moved to CityPlace. I used to own the bluffs area with my bikes. Here is a pic of my view of the church.

DSC00293.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

st. augustines has to be one of the most underrated buildings in the city. i grew up in that neighbourhood, and i didn't really start to appreciate that dome until i moved away

Guilwood Park is gorgeous.

Nice pics, mike, makes me wish it was spring already....

Back