News   Aug 02, 2024
 2.6K     1 
News   Aug 02, 2024
 4.4K     3 
News   Aug 02, 2024
 1.8K     4 

333 Queen St W (3s, Aedifica) COMPLETE

It's a shame they can't save the existing structure, but I suppose it's too far gone to do anything with it. The exposed brick sections look really crumbly.

How odd that they're using an outdated Location Map in the demolition report. It's still showing the outline of the Diamante sales office (demolished back in 2000) for their 18 Beverley development. There's also a bold outline around where the old church used to reside on that same block, before the condo complex was constructed.

nicetommy:

Actually it happens all the time in the community council staff reports as well - I don't know how often they update these base maps.

AoD

all torn down.
next-to-335-QueenW-2010-06-17_1276785813.jpg

I have this weird feeling, that it's going to be an Apple flagship store. Does anyone know? Does anyone have a development application number, or address? I assume it's 333 Queen St. W?

Edit: Here we go... Maybe need a new thread for this?

Site Plan Approval

Site Plan approval for 3 storey retail store located at 327, 329, 331, 333 Queen St W.
Application Number 08 230335 STE 20 SA Application Status Approved
Planner Name
Phone Number Matthew, Guy
(416) 395-7102 Status Date Feb 15, 2010
Community Meeting Date --- Date Received Dec 17, 2008
Proposed Non-Residential GFA (sq m) 1,413

Proposed Residential GFA (sq m) 0

Lot Size (sq m) 578

Proposed Residential Units 0

Proposed Storeys 3

---
So that's 15209 sq. ft.

Last edited:
Guess is going to Queen and Spadina. That's already been announced, and they have signs on the new location saying so.

I remember now where I saw it: the renderings at the end of this document.

Might it just be placeholder branding? More generic business names are usually used for that...

I remember now where I saw it: the renderings at the end of this document.

Might it just be placeholder branding? More generic business names are usually used for that...

I believe Guess was planning to move here at one time. There was a large Guess advertisement on the hoarding at one point. They are definitely not moving there now. Maybe the construction took too long to begin and then when Mexx vacated its large store they changed plans. Or possibly Guess will move here after this site is finished and they are just temporarily relocating now.

Last edited:
I remember a Committee of Adjustment application for this property a few years ago. At the time, it was proposed as a Guess and a Marciano store. If my memory is correct, it was to look like two store fronts, but be connected at the back. Who knows if that is still accurate.

Based on those renderings, it's definitely not Apple. Aedifica has done some nice work though, and all over the world too.

Based on those renders, no. However, that may have changed? Who knows. It's dated 2009.
Two storefronts = 2 x 333 = 666. Uh-oh, the location is cursed
There are actually multiple addresses for this development. 327 through 333.

Back