539     0 
News   May 06, 2024
 1.4K     1 

2575 St. Clair Avenue West (?, ?, ?)

Northern Light

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Not sure what to make of this; there's an entry in the lobbyist registry for this property that actually dates back to 2018 but is still 'active'.

There is no developer as such, the lobbyist is Canadian Pacific Railway.

There is already development here of an outdoor retail plaza that isn't that old.

A quick search reveal no applications on file for this address.

Here's the entry:

1657812774621.png

CP's Lambton Yard is directly south of here. That's all I can think of...

I assumed a relationship; though the legal address involved is not the yard, it does front St. Clair. One also doesn't usually get to a site plan without an app first.

Hmm; if memory serves though; the City had designs on a part of Lambton for park space. Hmmmm

Yeah - that plaza is only a couple of years old - DREAM used to own it but was sold at the end of 2021.

Indeed CP has always on/off about whether they will/wont sell the Lambton Yard. Are we back in the on stage cycle again?

You mean the Lambton Yard or just the Galt? Is CP going to pay? The City? BNSF, Union Pacific and the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach could barely be made to believe the Alameda Corridor work, and it now carries 15% of all TEU traffic coming to the United States...

You mean the Lambton Yard or just the Galt? Is CP going to pay? The City? BNSF, Union Pacific and the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach could barely be made to believe the Alameda Corridor work, and it now carries 15% of all TEU traffic coming to the United States...

I'm thinking about the old West Toronto Yard that's already located in an existing residential/mixed use area. It could be a condition that the city negotiates as part of the conversion of the railway lands to residential uses. CP makes money on the sale/development of its lands but has to invest some money in its railway corridor to make it work.

Not only does the railway profit on the sale/redevelopment but also benefits from the project again by having modernized infrastructure. It gains some leverage if the government ever wants to buy the railway corridor for a midtown transit corridor.

Some transactions and projects are smooth and easy. It depends on the people and organizations involved. If we were talking about the California players you mentioned, I might be concerned. But we're talking about a different city, a different railway, a different location within the city, and a different government.

Last edited:

Back