Toronto Bathurst Quay Revitalization | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | Kearns Mancini

This may be of interest to people here. There's a newly opened museum in Norway housed in a converted 1930s grain silo.

The $46 Million Art Collection of Norway’s Wealth Fund CEO Is Housed in a Silo

1715609896517.png

1715609989164.png

1715610001890.png

So my overly ambitious plans for today got scuffled by rain and people cancelling. Lightweights! Lol

Did get as far as Bathurst Quay and got some images of new stuff. There is a mock-up of the wood finishing for Bathurst Quay Common as well as steel beams for deck. Also there is a banner for the OCDU component. Finally work around the foundation on the northwest corner of the Silos looks complete. Taken 26 May.

IMG_2789.jpeg

IMG_2788.jpeg
IMG_2787.jpeg
IMG_2786.jpeg
IMG_2783.jpeg
IMG_2782.jpeg
IMG_2780.jpeg
IMG_2781.jpeg

Gratitude to the UT’ers who were able to join one of our Doors Open tours this weekend, and also for saying hello. Special thanks to @rdaner for dropping off pastries!

If anyone is interested in a hard hat tour behind the scenes, the TSA is organizing a Corleck/Bathurst Quay Common/silo tour on June 11. Registration details here:

Also sharing a few shots of the mock-up for the seat walls along the promenade.

IMG_6417.jpeg
IMG_6418.jpeg

I attended a Saturday session, and then walked to various other Doors Open sites. It was grueling enough for me with an umbrella, can't imagine the kind of day Bryan and his helper had to go through. The talk was very interesting and informative, covering so many topics from the history to the remediation to the future of the silo and Corleck. Never having gone to the site I had no idea the north and south were separate buildings. Thanks again for a great session.
PXL_20240525_143842982.jpg

Back