Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Does that mean that it's 100% sure though? Wouldn't the developers announce it? If it's actually back to it's original height I can't say I'm not disappointed but 🤷‍♂️
No announcement yet, but that height is what the new project team is going with for now, and they were at least tacitly comfortable with the Star reporting from what I ascertained. That was enough to change the height on the CTBUH database in tandem with communication from Skygrid. It's a slow-moving project, so perhaps if market conditions improve before topping out, they may revert to the approved height. Nonetheless, they are quietly proceeding with the original height for the time being

From the harbour Thursday April 25
IMG_1478.jpeg

IMG_1480.jpeg

IMG_1479.jpeg

No announcement yet, but that height is what the new project team is going with for now, and they were at least tacitly comfortable with the Star reporting from what I ascertained. That was enough to change the height on the CTBUH database in tandem with communication from Skygrid. It's a slow-moving project, so perhaps if market conditions improve before topping out, they may revert to the approved height. Nonetheless, they are quietly proceeding with the original height for the time being
It is what it is I guess

There have been 7 condos sold over $5M, out of 37 listed, across the GTA in the last 180 days. Every single unit Mizrahi had in the top 20 floors fit into this category. Even if every single buyer went with a unit in The One it could take several years to clear their inventory. They may well use the taller towers unit count in the shorter version (smaller units, cheaper prices) to help ensure they sell quickly.

It wouldn't surprise me if 10 floors get chopped off while maintaining the unit count, or a rezoning application at the same height but higher unit counts. 1 Bloor East resale units sell well but they're almost all below $2M.

A pair of 1250sqft 2-bed will sell far faster than a single 2500sqft 3-bed.

They've had this listing up since December 2022.

I don't know what will happen to the interiors. It'll depend on which, if any, developer picks up the project to finish it. Pretty certain it won't match Mizrahi's initial proposal though.

Last edited:
That would explain in part why this hasn't been changed back in the Database here. That is, it's not official or written in stone. And for what that's worth.

This thing is still going to be massive and make a substantial dent in the skyline at 85 floors. I’m not worried.

In other news, I found this which has a bit of info on the cladding. Looks like it was made in Vietnam - I’d imagine the logistics involved with shipping the panels here is quite the undertaking!

Photos taken today, Friday (May 3rd), save for the last one. A dreary, drizzly day, in contrast to last Friday's beautiful weather. And thanks for the compliments on my set of photos from a week ago - always nice to hear things like that! Since those photos from last Friday, much at the top looks static, as work continues on the 3rd mechanical level, floor 58, though both forms on the top and on the corners have moved up, at least on some sides. By contrast, the black Rail Climbing Systems (RCSs) are quickly installing the skin, all three having moved up as we see more of the notched shape emerging. Soon the skin will be high enough to see clearly from the west and the south. The east and north RCSs are up to floor 24, the west RCS at floor 23. There is also that similar-looking set of scaffolds on the south side, one level added to the scaffolds there since last week. And on the ground level, the covered walkway has been moved to be almost flush with the tower, presumably to install the sidewalk.

Starting with my usual "time-lapse" Flickr album addition, on to the views from the south, a view of the Yonge Street east side covered walkway, now moved back, the view from by Holt Renfrew on Bloor Street, then from Cumberland east of Bay, then Yonge and Bloor, several views from that NE corner area. And a final long shot taken yesterday, from Dundas and Sterling.

UTIMG_4148.jpg
UTIMG_4249.jpg
UTIMG_4211.jpg
UTIMG_4183.jpg
UTIMG_4017.jpg
UTIMG_4003.jpg
UTIMG_4043.jpg
UTIMG_4081.jpg
UTIMG_4106.jpg
UTIMG_4161.jpg
UTIMG_3852.jpg

Back