Toronto id8 Downsview | ?m | ?s | Northcrest Developments | KPMB

That is not what it says.

It says:

Unless there are particular concerns with the budget, selected projects will receive their entire ask. For budgets that exceed $100,000,
supplementary external funding must be secured by the applicant.

So Northcrest will supply $100,000 max.
Thus generated by the artist.

I have a couple friends doing artsy stuff for these lands and they said it is nothing short of amazing and is being run well. Lots to be excited for! I love how the call has been opened up to international artists, which is kind of rare for Toronto because we tend to be overly concerned with only focusing on local artists and thus kind of boxing in our city in a very provincial bubble. Great!! My aspirations for Toronto to be an international arts hub 'may' come true.

Big report on Downsview to the next meeting of Planning and Housing:

The report covers:

Secondary Plan, Zoning By-law, Urban Design Guidelines and Master Environmental Servicing Plan - Final Report​

From the above, the update district map:

1714658719796.png

Some phasing info:

1714658813996.png

There are a bunch more slides of interest here, but busy day, so I will leave that to others.

Today was supposed to be a day of getting non-urban things done. Oh well! Lol

Be interested to hear @HousingNowTO 's thoughts on that affordable housing clause.
Waaaaay too soon to say.

Waiting until DOWNSVIEW WEST (Federal Lands) come to Council in the Fall, to see what an actual Federal Commitment is on their own lands.

Back