Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

Could be a floor or two off with this one...
The One - April 29.jpg

Timing worked out well to show the progress over two (!!) years.... April 28, 2022 to April 29, 2024 has seen a sizeable jump.

The One - Cropped Timeline.jpg

Looks like it'll be 4.5 months until top out if they keep up at current pace

Did anyone ever find out if it's topping out at the original height or approved height increase? After article in the Star, there was some back and fourth on here as to what height but I don't remember hearing anything after as far as confirmation one way or the other.

Did anyone ever find out if it's topping out at the original height or approved height increase? After article in the Star, there was some back and fourth on here as to what height but I don't remember hearing anything after as far as confirmation one way or the other.

We still haven't heard anything about what height they are building to.

Changed my timeline after realizing I based it off the size of the building in the comparison graphics, which is much shorter than the actual plans.

Looks like it's about a year until top out if they keep at current pace and it's built to the highest approved height.
Seems to grind to a halt whenever they reach one of the mech floors. Makes sense given how different the forms are and how it's essentially a transfer slab every like...18 floors. Wonder if Pinnacle One will catch up. It's a pretty consistent floorplan as that one climbs and is substantially simpler...

If anyone has a Prime Video subscription and you haven't seen this.. you might get a kick out of this episode of Amazon Prime Originals:

Lux Listings Toronto - Season 1 Episode 7 “The Crown Jewel”

Sam Mizrahi gives the realtors a tour of the building (great shots of the 40 foot high retail space) and then gives them the task of finding a buyer for the penthouse at the top for $35 million.

Some great fly-throughs of the penthouse and other goodies.

Sam and the realtors in the retail space:
View attachment 559765

Penthouse outdoor patio and infinity pool:
View attachment 559766
Screenshots Source
Just watched that segment. Yes, the retail space is impressive! But Sam was pretty cringy when he said 'on a clear day you can see Rochester from the penthouse". Err ... Rochester is across Lake Ontario from Prince Edward County, can you see PEC from Toronto even from the 91st floor???

Why do people even say that - as if being able to see Rochester is something to brag about? Why not just say you can see Niagara Falls (well, the mist from the Falls anyway), which are way more impressive than Rochester?

He's probably thinking of St. Catharines and Niagara Falls. We used to be able to see the Skylon Tower from our balcony on a clear day, until they built Time and Space. We can still see that blocky Brock tower. And it's not quite Rochester, but on a really clear day we can see this, which is half way between Buffalo and Rochester.

And all of this is just from the 16th floor. You should be able to see much more from the 91st!

He's probably thinking of St. Catharines and Niagara Falls. We used to be able to see the Skylon Tower from our balcony on a clear day, until they built Time and Space. We can still see that blocky Brock tower. And it's not quite Rochester, but on a really clear day we can see this, which is half way between Buffalo and Rochester.

And all of this is just from the 16th floor. You should be able to see much more from the 91st!
On a clear day, you can see the taller buildings in Niagara Falls, ON even from ground level, the pier on Centre Island for example. Not sure if that smokestack in New York State is visible from ground level, though - I believe it’s near Youngstown, NY? That’s still pretty far from Rochester.

Back