Toronto Crosstown LRT: Science Centre Station | ?m | 2s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

I'd just as easily call this the Coca Cola Stop if this was called the Aga Khan stop. (Due to the loss of a nice modernist building in that area*). I'm glad the surfaces are finally being repaved here for pedestrians.

It will close middle September 2025 school year according to various insider sources

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ford-announcement-ontario-place-science-centre-1.6813893 - CBC says 2025

Knowing Ford he will demolish it before his next elections forsure

Sounds to me like it's open until the new location replaces it in 2028.

"Construction on the new centre will begin in 2025 with its opening expected for 2028, the science centre said in a statement. The current science centre will remain open in the interim. It will eventually be demolished, Ford said."

Oh hey, they're talking about you over at depths of wikipedia, so kudos to you!
You are very welcome!

Speaking of Wikipedia and speaking of Ontario Science Centre, I managed to sneak in a Kirby reference to the Wikipedia article on the Ontario Science Centre:

From the fourth paragraph of that section:

Wikipedia article on Ontario Science Centre said:
On June 4, 2016, the Centre hosted a one-day exhibit promoting the Nintendo 3DS game Kirby: Planet Robobot, which also featured activities pertaining to the Kirby video game series and a visit by a performer in a full Kirby costume.
It even has a reliable source to back this up:

My edits that added Kirby to the Science Centre:

scicentre-st-11.jpg

Back