Toronto Rogers Centre Renovations | ?m | ?s | Toronto Blue Jays | Populous

Are the hand railings an accessibility requirement? They seem high and might interfere with sightlines. I don't believe the 100 level (infield) had hand railings before.

The Jays website has one of those things where you can swipe and see before/after. Pretty fun!

1712258744797.png

You can really see how huge the difference is down the lines.
1712258814614.png

1712258837959.png

Oh, and there are multiple views...
1712258922476.png

1712258946724.png

We have a couple storeys up on the front page for your edification:

Did they have to go with grey as an accent colour? It's so drab. Especially those grey faux stone walls and the Landlord Special grey "wood" benches. I know it's one of the uniform colours but it would've been nice to have some warmer tones in the mix.

Did they have to go with grey as an accent colour? It's so drab. Especially those grey faux stone walls and the Landlord Special grey "wood" benches. I know it's one of the uniform colours but it would've been nice to have some warmer tones in the mix.
They're just paying proper homage to Toronto, the city whose in love with every single aspect of grey imaginable.

Some pics from yesterday's jaunt into the Roofdome:

IMG_2316.jpeg

From the Catch Bar above the visitor's bullpen:
IMG_2323.jpeg
IMG_2324.jpeg

New seats belong the Catch Bar overhang alongside the visitor's bullpen, now available for sale during the games:
IMG_2335.jpeg

As you can see in the left foreground above, there are general admission first-come, first-served bleachers beside the visitor's bullpen as well. They've been branded by Canada Dry this year, with the uppermost row of the bleachers reserved for Canada Dry guests.
IMG_2382.jpeg

Visitor's dugout, including where the can store their bats and helmets:
IMG_2340.jpeg

IMG_2342.jpeg

IMG_2341.jpeg

New luxury premium ultra comfort-plus platinum club patrician overlords seating:
IMG_2344.jpeg

And the new swanky TD premium entrance off of Bremner:
IMG_2354.jpeg

From behind the 110/111 seats:
IMG_2356.jpeg
IMG_2358.jpeg
IMG_2359.jpeg

In front of the 110/111 seats is new field-side wheelchair seeting space. The Jays are still deciding what to provide between the 111 section and the row of wheelchair seats:
IMG_2361.jpeg

Access to that area will be from the passage seen below that will connect to one of the premium lounge areas. The premium lounges are still under construction, but the elevator is already operational that will get guests to the accessible seating.
IMG_2363.jpeg

More to come.

Here are the additions to this year's offerings while you're at the bird's nest:

Posters, bobbleheads, shirts, hats...
IMG_2332.jpeg

IMG_2331.jpeg

New menu items include tiramisu, cannoli, Crush floats,
IMG_2364.jpeg

loaded mac'n'cheese, vegan tacos, "snow" (cheese dust) fries…
IMG_2365.jpeg

stuffed Jamaican patties, and, what I consider the belle of the ball, the Hot Honey & Maple Bacon Hot Dog, which was so, so good. So good. That's what I'm going for when I'm back on the 15th.
IMG_2366.jpeg

...while new beverages include Bud Light with (can you handle) double the lime?!
IMG_2376.jpeg

And two zero-sugar 7up-based vodka sparklers with 7° alcohol each, one original flavour, and one lemonade:
IMG_2377.jpeg

Zero% Corona and alcohol-free Spritzers — Aperol and Mojito flavours — for those wanting to avoid shameful, loutish behaviour:
IMG_2378.jpeg
IMG_2379.jpeg

The Blue Jay's Mill Street Blue Wave lager:
IMG_2380.jpeg

And various cocktails and mocktails:
IMG_2381.jpeg

While most of these are two sweet for me, I loved the new Mangonada. That's got a kick...
IMG_2374.jpeg

Go Jays!

Thoughts?

image.jpg

Not a fan of the seating behind home plate as a viewer at home on TV. The back wall make it look like I am watching the zoom fans that the NBA had during its pandemic season. Very weird to me.

View attachment 554786
Yeah, I wish the wall behind the front block of seats was about 2’ lower. Doesn’t look as good as I was hoping. That said, I’m sure we’ll get used to it and it will be “fine”….

Reactions: NIV
Its change so we are not use to this. Its been so long since change? Either way, it will grow on me and everyone else.

Reactions: NIV
The constant movement of people behind the home plate seats is distracting. Putting a barrier behind the last row of seats would solve this and also help cover some of that faux stone

Back