News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.5K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 650     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.3K     1 

King West

Not sure if there’s a thread for Victoria Memorial Park or if this is the appropriate place to post it. But haven’t found these signs posted anywhere

IMG_0751.jpeg
IMG_0750.jpeg

I hung out at Victoria Memorial Park last week for a bit. It's a nice lively meeting space but upon inspection of its condition in detail, it certainly could use some improvement on its public realm and greenery.

This is a project on Walnut Street south of King. Couldn’t find any information on it but if the other projects they have done are any indication it should be interesting.

IMG_3113.jpeg
IMG_3112.jpeg
IMG_3111.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3110.jpeg
    IMG_3110.jpeg
    303.6 KB · Views: 39
Hi again! Didn’t get a pic but something is up with 686 Richmond West on northeast corner of Walnut and Richmond. Building was bought by NKPR (marketing?) in February and now there is a project listed by the architecture firm below. 🤔
IMG_3120.png
IMG_3121.png
IMG_3122.png
IMG_3123.png
IMG_3124.png
IMG_3125.png

IMG_3854.jpeg
An update on the mystery project on Niagara south of King West. Btw I was on the UPX and noticed that the back of this is quite prominent from the south. Photos
IMG_3855.jpeg
taken 30 August.

I noticed yesterday that the Aroma at King and Charlotte has closed. It isn’t because there isn’t enough foot traffic or residents nearby! Must be a rent increase issue.

I noticed yesterday that the Aroma at King and Charlotte has closed. It isn’t because there isn’t enough foot traffic or residents nearby! Must be a rent increase issue.

I was very surprised to see that too, that aroma is often packed. I don’t understand what these landlords think is the endgame

Site above is only ~4,500ft2; absent a larger assembly, that precludes anything tall under current City rules, and probably on grounds of economic viability. Certainly there is some potential to go up here, but I wouldn't expect anything grand in scale. Gentle Infill, maybe.

Back