News   May 03, 2024
 302     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 390     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 824     0 

Toronto Bike Share

wasnt there that reply from bike share awhile back that was like, "winter is more like summer right now we arent prepared for this"

wasnt there that reply from bike share awhile back that was like, "winter is more like summer right now we arent prepared for this"

There was a reply, a general one, that indicated that there are typically lower levels of bike availability in the winter, as they go through maintenance.

However, the idea was that the bikes left in circulation should, in general, be sufficient for demand.

This is clearly not the case.

Practice should change accordingly.

Report is here: https://toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2024/pa/bgrd/backgroundfile-244112.pdf

Screenshot_2024-03-19_121911.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-19_121915.jpg

Already some features I like with the app. The live timer as soon as you open it overlayed on the map is nice. I hope it’s soon tied into a the iOS timer so it displays natively. One thing I don’t like is I haven’t found a way to generate a code to unlock qr scratched bikes.the stats are cool too. I wonder how long they go back? For those who have had accounts for 10+ years does it show all the kms and rides?

Oh i remember them talking about a new app. I used the bike share the other day on the old app, which has been improved recently with a live timer. like slice said.

I like the bike lane map. I wish google or someone came out with an app where you can get directions point a to b exclusively using bike lanes or at least "the safest option"

I hate having to finesse google maps every time I know of a faster and safer way that google doesnt like.

Reactions: PL1
Just got the email to download their new app. Strangely it's published by Lyft Inc
I noticed the Lyft Inc. as well. I like that we can now report issues with the bikes directly, rather than relying on the "broken" button on the docks. (Nevermind, I just found this does exist in the current app under history).

Anyway, looking forward to testing the app

I’m moving tomorrow and won’t be able to walk to work anymore, so will be relying on bixi a lot more. The app looks like a nice upgrade. I wonder if they’ll build a watch app to track your time? That would be great.

Reactions: PL1
I’m moving tomorrow and won’t be able to walk to work anymore, so will be relying on bixi a lot more. The app looks like a nice upgrade. I wonder if they’ll build a watch app to track your time? That would be great.
The old and new apps do send notifications to my watch when I take and return bikes, but not a timer per se.

I have the 45 min annual pass, so I rarely need to pay attention to time for most of my rides. Even rides to work (~8.5-10k, route dependent) top out at about 32 min. The slightly higher cost of the 45 min pass (v. 30 min pass) is absolutely worth the money for me.

Back