Toronto 160 Front West | 239.87m | 46s | Cadillac Fairview | AS + GG

March 6, 2024:

IMG_2164.jpeg
IMG_2165.jpeg
IMG_2166.jpeg

190th anniversary of Toronto's incorporation

I can see this thing from afar from my apartment and the green lighting is so so so so so sos so so os so so so so so so bad. total eyesore. it was nice when it was white lighting going from left to right or whatever. the greeen is just so bad ruins the skyline. SAD!
Agreed. This building's lighting at night is positively awful (and outrageously excessive). Surprised this hasn't been dialed down yet

Agreed. This building's lighting at night is positively awful (and outrageously excessive). Surprised this hasn't been dialed down yet
I can see this thing from afar from my apartment and the green lighting is so so so so so sos so so os so so so so so so bad. total eyesore. it was nice when it was white lighting going from left to right or whatever. the greeen is just so bad ruins the skyline. SAD!

NOPE! Your opinions are completely wrong.

When something affects the entire population, there needs to be broad consensus. It's why we have laws and regulations limiting all kinds of things (noise, speed limits, guns, leash laws, minimum wage, etc.) to maintain a minimum quality of life for all citizens. The "I love it so everyone else has to suck it up" mindset has no place in Canadian society.

When something affects the entire population, there needs to be broad consensus. It's why we have laws and regulations limiting all kinds of things (noise, speed limits, guns, leash laws, minimum wage, etc.) to maintain a minimum quality of life for all citizens. The "I love it so everyone else has to suck it up" mindset has no place in Canadian society.

Similarly the "I don't like it so you can't do it even on your own private property" mentality should be subject to limits in Canadian society.

At present, there is no regulation against the lighting at 160 Front, so therefore it is permitted. You can lobby your City Councilor if you believe that should change.

It's interesting that you think having to look at an object from far away "affects the entire population" and drastically changes a person's "quality of life". Must be a very tough existence with that mindset.

Just don't look, darling.

Back