Mississauga 1000 Dundas Street East | 70.4m | 20s | Ahmed Group | WZMH

Lake Ontario

Member Bio
Reaction score
16 & 20 storey towers with 462 rental units (1, 2, & 3 bedroom) with an urban farm. Located on the south side of Dundas Street East, just east of Tomken Road.

1000 & 1024 Dundas E.jpg

Site, from the July 5th Planning and Development Committee:
1657762843677.png

Last edited:
This would be the first residential on the south side of Dundas for blocks and blocks; it's all commercial or industrial in the area,

May 8 Committee meeting

PUBLIC MEETING INFORMATION REPORT (WARD 1)
Official Plan Amendment and Rezoning applications to permit 4, 16 and 20 storey rental apartment buildings with at grade commercial uses - 1000 and 1024 Dundas Street East, south side of Dundas Street East and east of Tomken Road
Owner: Ahmed Group (1000 Dundas St. E.) Inc. and Ahmed Group (1024 Dundas St. E.) Inc.
File: OZ/OPA 22-18 W1 Pre-Bill 109

Maybe I'm just too pro-urbanism, but I just don't understand how the city of Mississauga has the gull to act like density and increasing the housing supply is a very important thing right now, while also throwing hurdles in the way seemingly all the time.

I read this article about it, says the developer is already trying to go to OLT...

It just feels like the excuses council always gives lately are mostly unwarranted... or perhaps I just don't agree

Maybe I'm just too pro-urbanism, but I just don't understand how the city of Mississauga has the gull to act like density and increasing the housing supply is a very important thing right now, while also throwing hurdles in the way seemingly all the time.

I read this article about it, says the developer is already trying to go to OLT...

It just feels like the excuses council always gives lately are mostly unwarranted... or perhaps I just don't agree
Which is why suddenly I’m becoming pro ford and I absolutely hate that guy.

I’m torn. Mississauga is definitely one of the more obstructive municipalities in the GTA, but…employment lands in the GTA are in very, very short supply. I can understand why they want to preserve it.

The problem here is that the municipality has also made it incredibly hard to upzone any existing residential lands, leaving developers to buy up plazas and upzone there.

I’m torn. Mississauga is definitely one of the more obstructive municipalities in the GTA, but…employment lands in the GTA are in very, very short supply. I can understand why they want to preserve it.

The problem here is that the municipality has also made it incredibly hard to upzone any existing residential lands, leaving developers to buy up plazas and upzone there.
Plazas should not be defined as employment lands. All these things could take place in the podium or ground floor of a condo. If you want to make rules that every condo needs to have stores, restaurants at the bottom then go for it. But let’s not pretend these are anything more than stores too poor to pay for retail space in a mall. And I’m pretty sure an office building is not coming.

OLT Case Number OLT-23-000075.

Decision from Case Management Conference held on July 14, 2023 can be found here.

A 9-day hearing will begin on November 6, 2023 at 10:00 a.m.

But they did redesignate these lands in the Official Plan for Mixed-Use thereby signaling to the development community that they want to see residential and commercial growth along Dundas. The issue with Mother Parkers was that the smell of coffee brewing would be an issue for the new residents, who in turn would put pressure on the City to mitigate it. Valid, to a degree, but not in a housing crisis for a rental development. Mississauga is the worst to deal with - everything is premature or not right for the area or some other half ass excuse from any of the Councillor's. They should be fought with extreme prejudice on every file at the OLT.

OLT Case Number OLT-23-000075.

Decision from Case Management Conference held on July 14, 2023 can be found here.

A 9-day hearing will begin on November 6, 2023 at 10:00 a.m.
The Merit Hearing has been adjourned. A revised date for the hearing has not yet been posted on the OLT website.

Back