Toronto The One | 328.4m | 91s | Mizrahi Developments | Foster + Partners

InB4 LoMein posts another "Ah-hah!" moment...

Going off the article, it seems like we're good to go regarding the outside of the building which tbh, for 99% of us, is what matters. Although it did seem like the additional 6 floors may be up in the air. I'd prefer to see those as they make the overall design look better, but I could also see a buyer cheaping out and not wanting to pay the city what was negotiated to have those extra 6 floors.

Personally, I hope out that when this whole mess is figured out, they can get Apple back. The TEC Apple Store, despite expansion, is still insanely busy, and hopefully a second store downtown would help make the shopping experience at either store less chaotic. And tbh, I'm not sure where else they can go for a second store given this was meant to be their Toronto flagship, and there aren't many (if any) other spaces that fit their design aesthetic.

Last edited:
Part 1 of 2 taken on March 6, 2024:

Bay and Cumberland:

IMG_2137.jpeg

Balmuto Side:

IMG_2138.jpeg

Back Alley:

IMG_2139.jpeg
IMG_2140.jpeg
IMG_2141.jpeg

Bloor Side:

IMG_2142.jpeg
IMG_2146.jpeg
IMG_2147.jpeg
IMG_2148.jpeg

So just my thinking but if they haven't started laying out for plates on the finished floor framing wise they could go forward with their idea on lower floors instead of higher simply count the six floors they got given as the ones above the hotel directly and save the bigger More luxurious units for the higher floors this could bring investors in at a little bit lower margin without killing the main selling point of the building of having luxury units at one of the highest points in Toronto

Going off the article, it seems like we're good to go regarding the outside of the building which tbh, for 99% of us, is what matters. Although it did seem like the additional 6 floors may be up in the air. I'd prefer to see those as they make the overall design look better, but I could also see a buyer cheaping out and not wanting to pay the city what was negotiated to have those extra 6 floors.

Personally, I hope out that when this whole mess is figured out, they can get Apple back. The TEC Apple Store, despite expansion, is still insanely busy, and hopefully a second store downtown would help make the shopping experience at either store less chaotic. And tbh, I'm not sure where else they can go for a second store given this was meant to be their Toronto flagship, and there aren't many (if any) other spaces that fit their design aesthetic.
While there's been big headliner of "6 stories up in the air!" as that would be a big deal, this is the second source that's mentioned that...so it's a bit more concerning now. And can't no be longer dismissed as a misspeak. However, as one poster mentioned that they need more floors to turn a higher profit, the new developer would likely be cutting their nose off to save their face if they went back to the original 85 story count. So I can speculate it's unlikely this will happen. And assuming there are not other factors that are at play here.

This mechanical box or whatever that is on top of the heritage building, is the only part of this project I don’t like. Wish they would’ve used the same glass instead.

Photos taken today, Friday (Mar. 8), save for one from Thursday. Since I posted last Friday, the blue forms at top remain at level 55, I believe, with the blue forms on the corners up one level to 43 or 44 or so. Soon the top will reach the third mechanical level (level 57) and the corners will reach level 45 and the next set of hangers will be attached. The black Rail Climbing Systems (RCSs) have gone up one level, at least the east and north ones, to level 19 and level 18, respectively, with the west RCS still at level 17. The floors of the mechanical level aren't as evenly spaced as the floors below which may be why the east RCS seems to be a half-level too low for floor 19, the first RCS above the 1st mechanical level. With the RCSs rising, we see more of the mechanical levels, and the start of the placing of glass on 19 (barely) on the south side.

After my usual "time lapse" Flickr album update, views from the south where we can see a few panes of glass installed on level 19 by the crane attachment, and the risen east RCS, then the view from by Holt Renfrew to the west. (I took a closer look at those new panes of glass in the photo - I happened to catch one of them being placed.) The view from Cumberland, east of Bay, and some more shots from Bloor east of Yonge, with some closer looks at the newly revealed NE corner section of the first mechanical level, looking different than the already exposed SE corner. And the final shot from today west from Bloor and Bedford. In addition, a long shot I took yesterday from Dundas and Sterling, west of Lansdowne.

UTIMG_5358.jpg
UTIMG_5592.jpg
UTIMG_5504.jpg
UTIMG_5170.jpg
UTIMG_5203.jpg
UTIMG_5223.jpg
UTIMG_5277.jpg
UTIMG_5418.jpg
UTIMG_5431.jpg
UTIMG_5100.jpg
UTIMG_4992.jpg

Last edited: