Toronto 191 Sherbourne | 157m | 49s | Fitzrovia | PARTISANS

Hahahaha, I'll give Adrian a lot of credit in that he gets great results out of his architects. But this is not a buildable concept, and even if it were, Partisans is not a firm capable of delivering it.

Are you referring specifically to the Sky Bridge component?

Or are there other aspect of the proposal you find unrealistic?

I try to not get excited about anything this early, but if they can figure out a way to make this happen I think it'd be a great addition to the city.

Hahahaha, I'll give Adrian a lot of credit in that he gets great results out of his architects. But this is not a buildable concept, and even if it were, Partisans is not a firm capable of delivering it.
And there it is. >.<

191-201 Sherbourne Street - Community Consultation Meeting

Tuesday, September 5, 2023 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
(UTC-04:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)

Last edited:
"Epic" downgrade in the architecture here. I'm all for upgrading the suites themselves, but cutting out a lot of the brutalist touches is really disappointing.
Are we really upset about a property not being brutalist enough when people can't afford homes due to supply issues? Why is everyone in here so upset about how the building looks rather than the utility it adds and the benefit it creates for our city?

Are we really upset about a property not being brutalist enough when people can't afford homes due to supply issues? Why is everyone in here so upset about how the building looks rather than the utility it adds and the benefit it creates for our city?

I believe this is a reference to the renovation of the original buildings, not to the new proposal.

The new proposal is in no way brutalist.

It is rather unrealistic in certain respects.

But that's a different discussion.

apparently, they have a new marketing name...i could be wrong!

apparently, they have a new marketing name...i could be wrong!

I'm always fascinated when I see renders and think........"You thought that would appeal to who?"

1708718645159.png

The suites are tiny, you can't keep them on one level? So I need a balcony railing, in my unit, to protect me from injury while dining?

Last edited:
This one had a resubmission in Dec' 23.

From the Cover Letter:

1708718899222.png

So far, they're sticking w/Partisans, and continuing to show nice use of colour:

1708718978628.png

1708719005172.png

They've even sticking w/the weird overbuild deck, so far.

1708719093788.png

Both @ProjectEnd and I have expressed that this is not likely to make the post-VE cut......... but at least the writers are keeping the illusion alive for now.....

@Paclo is flagged for Database updates.

Last edited:

Back