Toronto Mirvish Village (Honest Ed's Redevelopment) | 85.04m | 26s | Westbank | Henriquez Partners

A future BMO Bank Of Montreal is good for the mirvish village area as well.
The other BMO branch, at Euclid and Bloor, has not been renovated for some time. It is presumably a larger space as there are offices in the basement. However, it does not offer good hours in terms of teller availability. Perhaps it will be improved in this new site.

BMO and Scotia already serve The Annex though. And all within a 10 minute walk from my hole in the wall...

...to which RBC used to be, until they decided they didn't like me using their facilities or something and packed up and moved out. So that's why I made the hoping comment here. >.<

mirvish-046.jpg

mirvish-045.jpg

mirvish-047.jpg

RBC? Please let it be RBC...

...not that I'm big fan of them outside of being my bank to got to. Just they've been moving all their presence from The Annex and adjacent areas in recent years. So I'd be happy that I don't have to hop on the TTC to have to get to one. >.<

I’ve always wondered why there needs to be so many bank branches! Out of curiosity, what kind of things do people so consistently do at these branches?

The closest RBC is Bathurst and College, or Bloor and Dovercourt. Scotia has two on Bloor, at Spadina and at Dovercourt.
BMO TD and CIBC are close to the Bathurst/Bloor intersection.
Other than tasks that could just be done at online or at an ATM, activities that absolutely must be in-branch include foreign currency withdrawals (more than an ATM can handle), rolls of coins, bank drafts, USD deposits, and meeting with a loan manager.

Just to be clear the bank is going into a corner unit at Bloor and the alley. The alley reminded me of being in the Old City in Cairo and if the right sort of tenants come along will be a unique space in our neck of the woods.

I’ve always wondered why there needs to be so many bank branches! Out of curiosity, what kind of things do people so consistently do at these branches?
I usually try to figure out why there aren't more zeros in my balance. On a serious note, many mortgage questions are preferably discussed in person at a branch.

I usually try to figure out why there aren't more zeros in my balance.

There are plenty of zeros in your balance! They're just on the wrong side of the decimal point.

Just a clerical error, nothing to worry about! ;)

Back