Mississauga The Miss Queen | 36.9m | 9s | Lamb Dev Corp | A&Architects

Lake Ontario

Member Bio
Reaction score
A 9 storey apartment with retail at-grade is proposed on the eastside of Queen Street North, ~150m north from Britannia Road. The existing site is a plaza.
img46.jpg

Site in red:
1653253781286.png

Public notice: https://www.mississauga.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/03153254/OZ-OPA-22-009-W11-Notice.pdf

Its always traffic concerns, or parking concerns, or "lack of affordable housing in the development" (in which they won't be living in)

I'm sure some people's concerns are valid and real, but is it wrong to say that most of the NIMBYism you hear, especially in Mississauga, is just full of it?

I don't even believe that they believe what they say. They just say whatever to impede, delay, or fully stop development because they like things "as they are".

I actually like the design of this one, and live close by. I don't see a need to bring the heritage aspect of Streetsville to this corner.

The previous Case Management Conference was adjourned. Another Case Management Conference has been scheduled for October 10, 2023 at 10:00 a.m.

I actually like the design of this one, and live close by. I don't see a need to bring the heritage aspect of Streetsville to this corner.
I find the heritage argument absurd. Streetsville trails off into suburbia past Brittania, and arguably already has degraded enough from the historic core to be (older) suburbia well before it. That being said, I never stepped foot past Brittania from Queen, but I doubt there's much that way to call heritage. Parking concerns are absurd as well, but it's to be expected from homeowners who've barely seen their neighbourhood change in 50 years. Other than the occasional condo project in Streetsville or warehouse to the west.

The previous Case Management Conference was adjourned. Another Case Management Conference has been scheduled for October 10, 2023 at 10:00 a.m.
Per the memo summarizing the Case Management Conference held on October 10, 2023 (here), a nine-day hearing has been scheduled to commence on March 18, 2024.

Back