Toronto 1 Yorkville | 183.18m | 58s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

So is this building in stone at 610ft (186m)? I feel like it would have potential to go higher. It would be nice to see it break the 200m threshold. Based on the non stop commercials I am seeing on TV, and the ads in magazines/newspapers that this project will be commencing sometime soon. When do we hear from the city if it's approved?

Zoning bylaw approvals are months away. We've only had the preliminary report so far and no statutory public meeting yet.

^ Thanks. So this one won't be breaking ground until 2015 at the earliest considering it hasn't even gone into sales nor has received any approvals.

"This time around, he intends to clad the tower component of 1 Yorkville with 3,000 vertical ribbons of shiny, silvery, twisted metal (aluminum or titanium)"- from the article.

what do you guys think aluminum will look better or titanium.

Well, for gear like bikes, I understand titanium is five times more expensive than aluminum. If anything like that ratio holds true for architectural applications, I would not hold your breath waiting for titanium, even if you think it looks better.

Brushed stainless would look better than titanium or aluminium, but I doubt they'd use it. I can't see them using anything other than aluminium on a project like this

but the units at 1 Yorkville are horrendous.
the floorplans were posted
http://urbantoronto.ca/forum/showthread.php/20175-1-Yorkville-(Bazis-Plaza)-Real-Estate
mostly small units (12 units per floor squeezed into a ~80' x ~110' floorplate) with sub par layouts with very narrow LR of 9'0" - 9'3" and small 9'0" x 9'0" bedrooms.

Agreed, that was a good article. This tower and One Bloor should stand out for their architecture and change the face of the Yonge and Bloor area.

Back