2.2K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 10K     10 

Rob Ford's Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I know I said I'd never post here again, but whatever, I'm a troll, and as a Ford supporter, obviously a liar and so on.

Peepers - The reason people on here bristle at differing opinions is because, by-and-large, the users on Urban Toronto don't want to discuss these issues on any level. It took me a while to figure it out, but this thread essentially is supposed to be an echo chamber. Most of the posters here want an echo chamber. Its for (a) getting updates from MetroMan and (b) gossip/jokes/unsubstantiated rumors.

That's why if you do try to actually discuss an issue, it will be ignored by the vast majority of users on here. I don't know about your experience, but I realized after a while that every time I posted something sensible, it would be ignored, whereas if I posted an attack on someone else or defense of my character, it would be responded to by user after user. This thread actively discourages discussing issues of any kind. I think you'll see that you get a much better batting ratio in terms of response from posting unintelligent and/or abrasive comments, which is why I eventually ceased posting. It came to the point where I was just arguing with people, and it will come to that point for you too.

This is also why anyone who disagrees with the general consensus is (a) a troll, (b) a covert operative (in my case, I was David Price, but you're supposedly Joe Warmington), and (c) a despicable bad person. Literally the exact same stuff was said about me. There's a large contingent on here that actually tries to shut down not just dissenting opinion but any interesting discussion whatsoever, and I think you've probably realized that there are a lot of people here that would rather gossip about whether Ford is the mastermind behind an underage sex ring than actually discuss policy-related issues of any kind.

Unfortunately, I really don't know what is a good place to discuss these issues, but its not here. Honestly, as sad as it sounds, Reddit has more people that are open to actually discussing these issues in-depth and with differing viewpoints.

CL, you partially right.

But there are enough people on this forum that do want to discuss issues, having both sides of an argument. As long as the argument/ debate is done without personal attacks.

Always attack the issue and don't attack the person. I would suggest that many non Ford supporters are justifiably upset by some of the same spin coming from the bros, being put up here as an argument...i.e..there is no video/ the star is/are pathological liars/ there is no video...etc. All these items have been debunked as lies spewed out by the bros. Therefore, anyone defending the bros gets "attacked". Thats human nature (good/ bad).

Yeah. In particular:

G&M article said:
After graduating from Ryerson, Mr. Dovigi got his first exposure to waste management in 2002 when he joined Brovi Investments, a holding company owned by Romeo Di Battista Sr.

Mr. Di Battista, a prominent Italian-Canadian businessman, was an early investor in Telelatino and a member of the group of philanthropists who donated $13-million to the Art Gallery of Ontario’s Galleria Italia. He also owns a stake in Keele North Recycling, a Vaughan recycling and disposal firm run by his son, and other construction contractors.

“I got into the waste disposal business by accident,†Mr. Dovigi said in his e-mail. “I was working in corporate finance and one of our investments included a transfer station in Maple, Ont., which needed someone to manage the site, clean it up and reopen it.â€

Brovi had a second mortgage on the transfer station, which had been ravaged by fire in 2004.

Looks like someone made Dovigi an offer he couldn't refuse.

As the saying goes, there's no smoke without [a waste transfer station] fire.

If you think all of the above is squeaky-clean, I've got some beachfront property at Fukushima going cheap.

Wow, thanks racists and xenophobes for completely detailing this thread at a key moment.

Peepers: please just stop spreading your utter bullshit here. It's not helpful and is based on your own fantasy world in which Ford is basically innocent and also a hero for putting Toronto on the world stage. You should be ashamed of yourself, but you and others are incapable of shame.

Hey, he's just following his leader. Don't we all want to be just like the people we idolize? RoFo is somewhere between a father figure and a living god to his people. I guess we all need our idols to worship. It's nice to see a new cult born right here in little, old Toronto.

CL, you partially right.

But there are enough people on this forum that do want to discuss issues, having both sides of an argument. As long as the argument/ debate is done without personal attacks.

Always attack the issue and don't attack the person. I would suggest that many non Ford supporters are justifiably upset by some of the same spin coming from the bros, being put up here as an argument...i.e..there is no video/ the star is/are pathological liars/ there is no video...etc. All these items have been debunked as lies spewed out by the bros. Therefore, anyone defending the bros gets "attacked". Thats human nature (good/ bad).

Why should anyone on this board have to deal with the nuisance of someone who actually uses "yeah but Wynne is best friends with a pedophile" as a point of contention? Why should anyone pretend that this should be taken seriously in the name of "both sides of the argument" or not having an "echo chamber"? Why should anyone have to "debate it out" when one side of the debate is absurd? Why should anyone feel obligated to let Peepers participate equally when this is what he brings to the table?

Why should anyone on this board have to deal with the nuisance of someone who actually uses "yeah but Wynne is best friends with a pedophile" as a point of contention? Why should anyone pretend that this should be taken seriously in the name of "both sides of the argument" or not having an "echo chamber"? Why should anyone have to "debate it out" when one side of the debate is absurd? Why should anyone feel obligated to let Peepers participate equally when this is what he brings to the table?

Anyone on this board does not HAVE TO engage! If you think someone makes a dumbass comment/ statement, leave it for all to see.

Engage in intelligent discussion.

Have we all noticed how the bros love the attention they get when they spew out their lies. Thats because people engage their lies instead of challenging them. Typical gangster/ bully behaviour. Spew out garbage to get into it with people.

A controlled, meticulous response wins. (Read the Art of War..Sun Tsu)

So I was looking at the unredacted ITO and I saw a section describing a meeting set up between Lisi and Liban Siyad (who has the phone at that point) at a Country Style, with Siyad suggesting they meet at an address 'right off Kipling', 11 Blackfire (sic; should be Blackfriar). Has it been established who lives there?

Fact: Rob Ford is not a drinker.
Fact: Rob Ford has never done hard drugs in his life.
Fact: Rob Ford has never associated with criminals or gang members.
Fact: Doug Ford is the hardest-working councillor in city government.
Fact: An Ontario-wide conspiracy, including elements of the national media and two levels of government, exists to discredit the current mayor and subvert the democratic process.

What's to debate?

Fact: Rob Ford is not a drinker.
Fact: Rob Ford has never done hard drugs in his life.
Fact: Rob Ford has never associated with criminals or gang members.
Fact: Doug Ford is the hardest-working councillor in city government.
Fact: An Ontario-wide conspiracy, including elements of the national media and two levels of government, exists to discredit the current mayor and subvert the democratic process.

What's to debate?

I think probably the conspiracy is larger than just Ontario, involving the american media, the pope and space aliens.

Last edited:
"I don't mind two-tier health care." So says the drunken, crackheaded millionaire wastrel.

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/408594590547996672

Seems to me that little statement might be worth a bit of discussion all by itself.
Maybe this is something that will change some people's outlook on Ford. Many older working or middle class people who may have responded to Ford's populism treasure Canada's medical system as something distinct from the more brutal American setup. But Ford, a rich man, would take those government supports away from them. I wonder how he feels about public education?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back