Toronto Ten York Street Condos | 224.02m | 65s | Tridel | Wallman Architects

TBH, I don't know enough internal dynamics to know - though projects like Monde did show an iterative process whereby the design is changed and (some? all?) concerns addressed.

AoD

It will be interesting to see if the developer takes all or some of the recomendations to heart. There is a lot of room for improvement, and hopefully they will use the oportunity to dazzle a bit more than they have.It does look like a termite infested piece of wood as was mentioned before. The more i look at it, the more i dislike it. This is a personal opinion only, and in no way reflects the opinion of other members of the forum.

I notice how one panel member stated that a building this height had to be earned, and the architecture should be more spectacular. Bang on. This is what I've been going on about, yet there are a large number of people willing to accept anything, as long as it's tall. Good to see there are people in authority who are requesting architecture a bit more robust than the banal that has been stamped out so far. This will lead others to up the ante, as they say, and hopefully we'll see some spectacular new renders around town.

Agree 100% - but there is a major roadblock; good architecture requires an investment of $.

Something no one has offered thus far and as so many of our recent projects - banal as they are - are snapped up so quickly, there is little impetus for change.

Think of the "Leafs" scenario - why spend money to improve when your selling out as is.

I notice how one panel member stated that a building this height had to be earned, and the architecture should be more spectacular. Bang on. This is what I've been going on about, yet there are a large number of people willing to accept anything, as long as it's tall.

See Aura.

You'd slobber over human excrement if it was piled high enough, say 300 m +.
Name a miss. East? Mozo? Market Wharf? Pier 27? Casa? Spire? 4Seasons? Pure Spirit? Clear Spirit? Theatre Park? If you're into Aura, 88 Scott, Dubai or Shanghai, you can take a pass on answering
Unimaginative and, ultimately, ugly.
I'm free to shoot down a highly-visible project that's anything but solid. Shangri-La misses the mark by a wide margin. The base, as illustrated in the pic (re-)posted above, is an absolute mess....
oh condovo.....
How do i block people?

Go on to his profile and click "Ignore this user". It will make your life much easier when you block people who habitually make rude posts.

Agent called me and said this project has been delayed until September. The entire design and floor plans have been revamped per request from the city. They want the building to have a more iconic design.

Agent called me and said this project has been delayed until September. The entire design and floor plans have been revamped per request from the city. They want the building to have a more iconic design.

AMEN!!!!

although it's kinda fishy, considering Tridel already put out banners and what not regarding the project. you'd think the design was finalized or close enough,

.. So the city shot down its own building? Haha, i thought that if any building was safe from the axe, it was this one due to its .... "special" relationship with the city.

Agent said Tridel is focusing on the Yonge - Eglinton building from now until September. I trust him because he's a board member of the Tridel Planning Comittee. He said preliminary plans are to have a design similar to the Marilyn Monroe towers in Mississauga. Nothing set yet but it'll be more organic and less "techy".

I think you’ll find more and more of these large projects put on “hold”.

It’s beginning to feel like 2008…

Back