Mississauga Limelight Condominiums | ?m | 32s | Daniels | Kirkor

Looking at Burnhamthorpe from that view, one can imagine how it could have been turned into a grand avenue along that stretch.

Looking at Burnhamthorpe from that view, one can imagine how it could have been turned into a grand avenue along that stretch.
There's still plenty of space - and time - to get it done. It's a key part of the Downtown21 plan if you've looked at it.

from wed
20121228030.jpg

From Thursday
20121229003.jpg

Personally I'm loving the variety of styles in the MCC. If downtown Toronto really wants to shake off its "Boxonto" image, it needs to embrace such variety, and not keep playing it safe.

Same here. I'm not really impressed by either Chicago or Limelight individually, yet somehow the way they play off each other makes them interesting as a whole. Where as in contrast, most city places buildings are better designed, yet because they're all so similar the entire development comes off looking rather bland.

It is nice indeed to see diversity in MCC's architecture.

The podium on this thing is turning out to be a disaster, sadly... and using white was a bad idea from the get-go. It almost always looks cheap and becomes dirty very quickly.

Honestly, if they're trying to build an actual city centre here, why do they keep surrounding these buildings with townhouses instead of actual podiums/retail? I could see that biting them in the ass in a while.

Honestly, if they're trying to build an actual city centre here, why do they keep surrounding these buildings with townhouses instead of actual podiums/retail? I could see that biting them in the ass in a while.
I don't think they're trying to build a real city centre here. Of course, that's what they say. And for years there have been "plans" to that effect. But the proof of the pudding is in the eating and, so far, not one single thing that has actually been built in the MCC has been anything but a typical suburban high-rise/town house/parking garage/useless "green space"/tree-lined boulevard along a four-lane highway kind of development. I see no evidence that this is going to change eiither.

Last edited:

Back