Toronto Karma Condos | 165.8m | 50s | Lifetime | a—A

Karma got city approval for 50-storey; the message from Grenville Residence Inc:

"We are pleased to advise you that City Council for the City of Toronto approved a zoning settlement for Karma Condominiums. As a result, we have revised the Disclosure Statement to reflect the resulting changes including:
1. Height: Karma Condominiums is now intended to be a 50-storey building;
2. Below-Grade Levels: Karma Condominiums is now intended to have 5 below-grade levels for parking spaces and Bicycle/Storage Units; and
3. Amenity Areas: all amenity areas of Karma Condominiums are now intended to be located on Level 2 and Level 3."

Despite the added height, it will still be nothing more than added density. Nobody will look twice at it other than shameless aA fanboys.

The_Architect is taking 3 days off for trolling. Nothing wrong with stating you don't like a building, or architectural style, and why you don't…

but the whole "shameless aA fanboys" thing is not helpful, and not welcome. Healthy debate please - leave the attitude somewhere else.

This is a great location for a highrise, I really like many of the projects between Bay & Yonge Streets I just wish the floorplans were better. I'm glad this got through approvals though I don't get why they chopped a measly two levels off it.

Wow - $5 each - do they realize if everyone registers that could add up to a staggering $ 2,540
These guys really know how to give it to the community don't they?
Excuse me, I'm tearing up.

My point is they are not giving much for all the almost free publicity they get for appearing to be such great benefactors.

Well they gave much more than the $2,540.....$45 grand to be exact. Good for them:cool::)

The value of good karma
Andrew Hoffman has just witnessed the value of good karma.
The president of CentreCourt Developments had offered to donate $5 to local charities for each person who registered on the website of his company’s latest project, Karma Condos.
CentreCourt is developing Karma, a 50-storey, 495-unit glass tower at 21 Grenville St., in partnership with Lifetime Developments.
The condo’s charity/marketing campaign generated a great deal of interest in the project — more than 3,000 people registered on the Karma website. “That’s a record,” Hoffman says. “It’s a significant increase from what we would normally see on a condo campaign.”
He notes that on another recent CentreCourt project, Peter Street Condos, there were around 900 registrants. “The Karma campaign really created engagement amongst a broad group of people,” Hoffman says.
With the developers donating $5 for every Karma Condos registration, the initiative raised over $15,000 for three local charities: Wellspring, a network of community-based cancer support centres; Sketch, an organization that provides opportunities for homeless or at-risk youth to engage in the arts; and Ronald McDonald House Toronto.
Hoffman says CentreCourt and Lifetime Developments will be topping up those funds with an additional $30,000, giving the three charities $15,000 each.
Funds for Ronald McDonald House will go toward the adoption of a private room at its new 96-room facility on McCaul St., the largest Ronald McDonald House in the world.
At the downtown Toronto Wellspring Centre, funds will help purchase specialized rehabilitation equipment. Sketch will use the Karma money to furnish a studio for theatre arts, martial arts, dance and meditation.
“The campaign created positive buzz for the project and it also created awareness for the three charities,” Hoffman says. “They saw a great amount of activity on their websites, and resulting interest in their charities.”

Karma Condos saw a great deal of interest, too.
The project, which launched in November, is more than 90 per cent sold. Zoning was finalized in December and the developers will be releasing an additional five floors Saturday.
Available suite ranges are from 500 square feet to just under 900 square feet. Prices range from $380,000 to $650,000.
Karma is designed by architectsAlliance and Cecconi Simone did the interior design. Highlights include nine-foot ceilings and floor-to-ceiling windows with north- and south-facing views.
The condo will have a screening room and gaming room, as well as an open-air outdoor terrace with canopy seating and barbecues.
Karma will have retail space at the base of the building, some of which will be incorporated into a preserved heritage home that currently sits on the site.
Hoffman says the plan is to start construction this summer.

http://www.thestar.com/news/article/1121900

Last edited:
Soil testers were on site today

karmaj31.jpg

Back