Toronto First Canadian Place Rejuvenation | 298.08m | 72s | Brookfield | MdeAS Architects

North side.

bmosigno1.jpg

Thanks for the pic. It looks like they're using a new sign and not recycling the old one. I just hope the M sign is all in one piece this time. The gap down the middle looked pretty bad.

The signage explains why it is taking so long for the platforms to move down....hopefully it speeds up...

Thanks for the pic. It looks like they're using a new sign and not recycling the old one. I just hope the M sign is all in one piece this time. The gap down the middle looked pretty bad.

The gap will be there again, it can't be helped. There are metal, slotted, window washing, anchor tracks that run the length of the tower. One track just so happens to bisect the white M in the red circle.

I used to go in that lobby a thousand times a week in the early 90's when I was a courier and I haven't been back since, but I certainly don't remember the carpet being those colours. I was remembering a combination of greys, light blues and such. Those autumnal colours certainly were not the scheme used when the building opened... However now that I'm older, I guess my memory is going.

Are the carpets always there? Some buildings only have them out in the winter when people are tracking in snow and slush.
Honestly for all the times I have walked through that lobby, I can't recall if there was any carpet or what colour it was.

I used to go in that lobby a thousand times a week in the early 90's when I was a courier

what a coincidence, I also worked as a courier in Toronto in the early 90's... parking downtown was always a pain in the ass, but it was fun to go up in the bank towers and try to catch some of the views from higher floors. After a couple years I got 'promoted' to working strictly for U of T Press and generally stayed within the confines of the University.

I was looking at the revealed part of the new cladding yesterday and it looked kind of green. Not waterfront-condo green but still green. I'm getting kind of worried.

Back