Toronto St Regis Toronto Hotel and Residences | 281.93m | 58s | JFC Capital | Zeidler

Im so sick of people coming on each and every project preaching doom and gloom "hey - this one could stop at any moment, look out". Drop dead already. We're all well aware of the fact there is a recession going on. If you can't think of anything also to talk about then your on the wrong thread.

What's your problem?

I explicitly said that I don't buy the rumours "at all". I was asking how someone would know if they are capping (or not capping) a building based on construction being done on the ground floor itself.

It's a simple question. Don't hurt yourself sparky.

You're absolutely right.

In a week or two though ... we can *hopefully* put to rest the capping rumor once and for all. Knocking on concrete :D that was silly.

Anyway, as of today you'd have no way to tell they're not.

There are a bunch of doom and gloom forum members that would like to see Trump,Shangra-la and Four Seasons capped off at ground floor,let alone Aura and 1 Boor East canceled so they can yap that they told you so.Anyways keep on dreaming guys.

Can somebody at least change the title to read 60 stories? Everything written about this project states 60 and so does their website.

57 stories? Come on!

Last edited:
Rumour has it now at 62 stories?

Yes I know because I am the one that provided that information. It will be ages before you see 62 confirmed by Trump though but the 60 stories is OLD news.
I can see why the moderator would want to wait to change it to 62 stories but keeping it at 57 is rediculous. How about keeping this thread relevant?

does anyone know how many underground levels this building will have??

I saw the video posted in the previous pages on Trump Chicago Tribune. In the video, there doesn't seem to been any underground digging....how does this concept work??

just curious.

Yes I know because I am the one that provided that information. It will be ages before you see 62 confirmed by Trump though but the 60 stories is OLD news.
I can see why the moderator would want to wait to change it to 62 stories but keeping it at 57 is rediculous. How about keeping this thread relevant?

Once you've had the chance to catch your breath, InTheKnow, think about whether this is really worth getting so worked up about. After all, I'd hate for you to be exposed to redicule.

does anyone know how many underground levels this building will have??

I saw the video posted in the previous pages on Trump Chicago Tribune. In the video, there doesn't seem to been any underground digging....how does this concept work??

just curious.

There's very little underground parking in Chicago. High water table. Typically a large building there will have 5+ floors of above-ground parking in the podium. So that makes the foundation shallower. As for "no" digging--perhaps the embankment along the river allows the piles to go right into concrete that's already there? I wouldn't be surprised...

Guys, I heard from an ex of mine that they were going to dig out the foundation, refill the pit with dirt, and then use the excavated steel and concrete as a wrecking ball to demolish the Bay Adelaide Centre.

This is from a very good (in bed) source.

Guys, I heard from an ex of mine that they were going to dig out the foundation, refill the pit with dirt, and then use the excavated steel and concrete as a wrecking ball to demolish the Bay Adelaide Centre.

This is from a very good (in bed) source.

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Indigo
Violet...

Clever...

Back