News   Jun 07, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jun 07, 2024
 2.7K     8 
News   Jun 07, 2024
 2.2K     3 

RBC Centre (LEED Gold, CadFair, 41s, KPF/B+H/&Co.) COMPLETE

This is a worrisome development. The thought of either (of both) the "greenhouse" being left open, and a large gap being left in the middle, is depressing. This tower was showing such promise.

Excuse the blur due to the zoom:

3150536987_e8de37bf54.jpg

This is a worrisome development. The thought of either (of both) the "greenhouse" being left open, and a large gap being left in the middle, is depressing. This tower was showing such promise.
Where on earth did you get the idea that the greenhouse/lantern roof element was going to be left as an unclad white frame?

Just my pessimism coming thorugh -- I don't think that they will actually leave it open. The order makes me worry a little, though. Does it make sense that they would install the cladding behind the logo, after the logo was already installed? Wouldn't it seem to make much more sense for the cladding to go on first?

For the record I also don't think that they will actually leave the gap in the middle. With each passing day that it remains, though, I get a little more concerned.

Well we still don't know if that was its final positioning, I have a feeling 000 shot that image as they were still lowering it. Unless of course anyone can confirm that it has, in fact, been placed on the lantern frame. If so, it's probably more secure to mount it on a metal frame than a glass curtain wall.

Maybe they want to mount it so that they can access the electronics and lighting from the rear for easy maintenance.

Considering RBC is the only bank in the core without a logo up top it makes sense to use it rather than RBC Dexia.

Interestingly, the original renderings for Royal Bank Plaza showed a logo up top, which would have been the first such instance in Toronto, had it been carried out as planned...

I don't have the time to go through the trouble of tracking it down, but if you can all remember, there was a press release a little while ago speaking of an invitation for the local press to come for a tour of the building, which was to end with a ceremony where they were to lift the lantern into place. That gap in the middle was what they were talking about when they said that. I am sure it will be cladded after that point.

Long time viewer, first time poster. I work in Simcoe Place and we get monthly RBC Centre construction updates. For the month of January, "the construction activities that will take place around the development of
the RBC Centre are as follows:

o The glass enclosure for the Lantern feature at the top of the building will start.

o Installation of access flooring in the typical office floor areas will start and proceed up the
building on levels 17, 18, 19 and 20 in the tower area.

o All construction work on levels 4, 5, 6, 8 and 9 both the Tower and the Podium will be
complete.

o Installation of access flooring in the podium will be complete.

o Finishes in all podium floors will be completed.

o Ground floor lobby stone flooring and ceiling work will continue.

o RBC signs at the top of the building will be placed.

o Derricks will be assembled on the roof for dismantling of the cranes.

o Both tower cranes #1 and # 2 will be dismantled, lowered to the ground and removed from
the site. "

Back