News   May 31, 2024
 1.1K     9 
News   May 31, 2024
 3.9K     2 
News   May 31, 2024
 1.1K     0 

RBC Centre (LEED Gold, CadFair, 41s, KPF/B+H/&Co.) COMPLETE

After giving the top floor (not clad) a second look, I'm wondering if the entire floor plus lantern will be illuminated as one element... great possibilities.

5DEC10-08028.jpg

Question

Rode by this tower this morning on my way to the airport. Was wondering if anyone noticed that they have a blue light shining up the side of the tower on the South East from Front and Simcoe.

Did not have time to take a pic but I was amazed. It looked really good. Would like to see it all the way up the tower. It was not overpowering but it did look really good.

I took some pics from my hotel room in the Sheraton Centre this weekend. Cannot wait to see this "lantern" lit up.

Attachments

• IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_0118.jpg
    IMG_0118.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 310
Around what time was the light on? I didn't notice a light, but then I have to admit I wasn't looking for one either this morning. Is it running up that notch on the SE corner?

Around what time was the light on? I didn't notice a light, but then I have to admit I wasn't looking for one either this morning. Is it running up that notch on the SE corner?

I caught the early Airport Express bus at 5:45am from the Sheraton Centre. It was definitely a blue light on the south east corner of the building. The bus went east to the Royal York on Front Street. So it would have been about 6 or 6:15 this morning.

December 15

BermudaTO37 here are several pictures of the LED lighting on the southeast corner of RBC on Simcoe Street.
3115066218_0f2b700878_b.jpg

3115066228_5b092beb56_b.jpg

3115066234_ff28a979e2_b.jpg

Oh, very cool, that will complement the CN Tower very nicely, especially if the lighting programme includes the lantern.

That is so freakin awesome. Nobody even saw this coming! I would imagine it will go all the way up, and on both sides of the tower.

I really hope it goes all the way up but somehow I doubt it.
If it did coupled with the lantern on the top it would be really nice *knocks on wood*. As someone already mentioned it would complement the CN Tower really well!

the only logical design concept would be for the lighting to go all the way up... this is a nice surprise and really makes the whole project a lot more interesting for me.

Back