News   May 03, 2024
 868     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 538     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 263     0 

Heintzman Place (formerly Village By High Park, Junction, Options, 23s, Burka)

is this sarcasm...??? o/w who would think that living next to silos and rail tracks is cool? :)

I live in the Junction and work in Liberty Village, I guess old industrial land turned new again is wearing off on me.

I always feel new development next to ionic symbols of the past keeps us connected to history and without history we have no soul.

That’s what’s so great about the Junction, lots of history to build around.

I wouldn't mind a view of the railway diamond, or the rail yard. Though I think the view north will be the worst, whatever you think of the silos.

(They would make a nice conversion to office space in the future. This would be a decent reuse, since that area north of the tracks is commercial/industrial, and it would encourage the further mixing of incomes in the area.)

I wouldn't mind a view of the railway diamond, or the rail yard. Though I think the view north will be the worst, whatever you think of the silos.

to be honest i wouldn't mind living next to railway tracks as much as living right next to those silos... but than again if that site was a little closer to the BWV or the lake i wouldn't mind at all...:)

Fortunately, the Junction retail strip is gentrifying and improving, so the draw to BWV won't be that powerful as it used to be. With the greater number of three storey Victorian commercial blocks, and the diversity of architectural styles, the Junction should be able to regain its former grandeur. Some styles beyond the Victorian include Beaux-Arts, Second Empire, Neoclassical, Art Deco, Modernist, and a couple of interesting Postmodernist blocks too.

Fortunately, the Junction retail strip is gentrifying and improving...

I completely agree with Junctionist. It seems like every time I visit the Junction, it is coming more alive. I actually took a few pictures yesterday. The new development will be a good thing.

Zahraa

Attachments

• IMG_0214.jpg
    IMG_0214.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_0204.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 449
  • IMG_0205.jpg
    IMG_0205.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG_0210.jpg
    IMG_0210.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_0211.jpg
    IMG_0211.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_0207.jpg
    IMG_0207.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_0209.jpg
    IMG_0209.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 283
Village by High Park interests CPR Rail alot

Almost every day the The CPr Railroad posts a watcher at the property line.

oct 7 junction 013.jpg

oct 7 junction 012.jpg

Crane for this went up last week. I drive past this site each day to work. Nothing on the site for the past few days. Too cold out

Back