News   May 14, 2024
 2.6K     2 
News   May 14, 2024
 1.7K     1 

Average time needed for a Condo to close

blackpool

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could provide info on how long it has taken for their Toronto condo to close after they started occupancy? I realize this is a pretty complicated subject with a lot of factors involved, but I was just curious how long some people had to wait.

9T6 St Patrick By Camrost Felcorp - Registered (final closing/unit transfer date) 2 Months after 1st person moved in.

21 Carlton st - The Met - Not Registered 13 Months after 1st person moved in

CityPlace condos buildingswest of Spadina - Not Registered more than 18 months after 1st person moved in.

You worst nightmare - a loft conversion in west end of the city (Dundas West?) was in occupancy for YEARS.

Another measure of a builder's competence... It depends on the size of the project. Around 6 months from first occupany on the larger buildings... that's been my experience

In my experience, the average time is usually 6-12 months.....

I've heard complaints on the 18 months occupancy period for the Castle Group's Bellair Gardens project on east side of DVP north of Lawrence ....(peanut shaped ~15 storeys) ... I think its not typical though, I don't have a good feeling about the builder

I love Builders' stated move in dates.
I especially love the whooshing sound they make as they go flyng by..:D

Norstar/Willowfield Winchester- The Star of Downtown

We moved in February 2008 and they just asked us for 6 more post dated checks through April 2009.

Incompetent is being kind as a description of this builder. Instead of finishing the 12 floor building and getting us registered they sent their labour over to build the townhome portion of the project. We're in limbo.

In addition if where you are buying uses Taft Forward Property Management then run away from it!

Last edited:
Minto Midtown North Tower

I moved in on Sept 4, and closed it on Oct 22! Yup a little bit more than 6 weeks! That's pretty slow compare to the south tower where they closed in 5 weeks.

So I'm happy.

Last edited:
is there no protection from something like Tarion to limit the length of the occupancy phase?

silly thought, but i always wondered if you can refuse to move in during occupancy so that the buyer does not have to pay the occupancy fee. can the buyer choose to move in when the building is registered and closed?

isn't there a rule now for having a max of 6 months limit for pre-occupation fee?

Back