Toronto X The Condominium | ?m | 44s | Great Gulf | a—A

10 October 2008 photo update:

Well, I was in a car so I snapped the battling cranes this afternoon:

DSC00389.jpg

^^ Nice pics. The floor for P3 has now been completely laid and is currently being poured. The ramp to P4 has also been finished.

Thanks for the updates... Cant wait until this hits street level and we start seeing this thing really progress.

Any info on the town houses beside the X tower under the pool / BBQ area?

I dont think they're for sale yet? I know the penthouse suites wont be for sale to the public until another few weeks, and I beleive they said the townhouses werent released yet either (that's what I think I remember them telling me a few weeks ago).

Also, there are about 30 units left for sale, which the 10 unreleased PH suites (and possibly the townhouse units)... putting this project at around 93% sold out.

I'm new posting here, but I've been lurking for a while. I've gotten less excited about this project the more I see of it. I hope the materials are good, and it is still all-black like the Mies towers at T-D Center.

But how is Clewes a unique architect if he's only copying Mies? I hope it works, but I only see a cheap copy happening.

And what's with 3 people in a row with handle starting with K? Interesting!

I hope the materials are good, and it is still all-black like the Mies towers at T-D Center...

I hope it works, but I only see a cheap copy happening.

Me too.

A koincidence I guess. (maybe the next person to post here should have a handle starting with M?)

I'm new posting here, but I've been lurking for a while. I've gotten less excited about this project the more I see of it. I hope the materials are good, and it is still all-black like the Mies towers at T-D Center.

But how is Clewes a unique architect if he's only copying Mies? I hope it works, but I only see a cheap copy happening.

I don't really see it as a copy at all. It's not 100% unique, of course, but a total copy? No.

There are balconies. There is the usage of primary colours randomly all over the building which should look really neat. I don't think the glass is going to be really black like the TD buildings either.
I do hope the glass will be really dark though!

The developer is currently offering incentives to sell off the unsold units, albeit on an inflated price compared to the initial sales...You can pick up an 800sf two bedroom unit, plus parking for 400k. Phase 2 will soon be marketed.

While I was visiting the original sales center back a year & several months ago , I remember the window frames & Balcony materials were not completley black in color like the TD Center. More like a dark blueish grey. I'm sure there is a name for this color but i'm not sure what is is- Or if infact that they will be using the exact same materials. I guess we'll see.

The developer is currently offering incentives to sell off the unsold units, albeit on an inflated price compared to the initial sales...You can pick up an 800sf two bedroom unit, plus parking for 400k. Phase 2 will soon be marketed.

That's about $500 sq/ft... while expensive, -that's not too bad considering the area.

If it's not even black, then it's only vaguely very similar to the TD Centre. It's far from being a copy. The TD Centre empasizes that unornamented black cladding which is supposed to suggest the frame of the building. The glass is tinted with bronze. It has the distinctive pavillion with the grid ceiling, and its own font. None of this appears in the X tower.

Back