Toronto Theatre District Residence & Riu Plaza Hotel | 156.05m | 49s | Plaza | BDP Quadrangle

I agree, but we could use more pics of Annex projects too, ex Keskus Centre and Cielo condos...
...but no one is painting bricks here so far. And Mr. Albert and rdaner-san seem to be covering the other stuff pretty well when it comes to photo documentation.

IMG_0024.jpeg
IMG_0026.jpeg
IMG_0027.jpeg

So uhhhh what happened down here. It’s the only place on this podium I can recall having this misaligned aesthetic.

November 20. Some overview pictures, plus a more detailed photo of the construction management site office on the Adelaide Street side second floor. Looks like OK digs for a site office.

View attachment 521819
So staggered brick here too.
Maybe one tower has the stagger, the other doesn't.

Looks like some sort of brick stain, maybe? You can still see some variation of colour and texture that you wouldn't get with solid paint, but it definitely looks like something has been applied.

Those balconies are useless other than to store a bike on. They're way too narrow to put table for 4/6 and the glass sides make one feel like you're just hanging off the side of a building. If you're going to build balconies make them usable living space. It's pointless otherwise.

Those balconies are useless other than to store a bike on. They're way too narrow to put table for 4/6 and the glass sides make one feel like you're just hanging off the side of a building. If you're going to build balconies make them usable living space. It's pointless otherwise.
They're also useful for taking pictures of surrounding projects without distortions you get from behind unopenable glass windows :)

I don't disagree in principle, but it's not that simple. In Toronto, balconies are often just all-weather storage space hanging off the building. Setbacks are measured to the building face and balconies do not count towards GFA, so it's essentially free space in the developer's eyes (not including hard costs). Combine that with a pre-sale market that demands them and it's kind of just a selling feature, not a real living space, unfortunately. Contrast that (as always, it seems) with the Lower Mainland, where outdoor space, even 50+ storeys up, is truly valued and developers work to make it usable. Take these two units in Concord's Metrotown project, both featuring large outdoor terraces regardless of unit size. Incomprehensible here, unfortunately:

floorplan-3yfr.jpeg

121228885_379014516839768_1979099920216184488_n.jpg

concord-metrotown-17.jpg

The highlight of this project is the preservation and integration of the heritage townhouses with the brick podium.
One of my fav current contructions
So beautiful proyect . Is it a hotel right ? Anyone knows if they already have an opening date ?

Back