News   May 13, 2024
 859     1 
News   May 13, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 772     0 

1 Bloor East, DEAD AND BURIED (Bazis, -2s, Varacalli)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings friends,

I've learned this weekend from reliable sources in the banking industry that the
Aura project has been put on hold in light of the destruction in the
worldwide credit markets. My info is merely a rumour and of course unverified but it does originate from knowledgeable and credible sources within the mortage financing world.

Peace & Kindness

Im all for peace and kindness, but kindly keep your unsubstantiated "rumours" to yourself.

Although in all honesty, the guy is probably right. (Working in a banking-related field, I know the rumours that circulate ... sound familiar? There's always some truth to rumours, imho.) Look at the $700 billion bailout in the USA, the failure of Washington Mutual and now Wachovia Bank. I still think this could only be the beginning.... (For example, Sun Life has enormous exposure to Wachovia's problems.) It will be interesting to see what happens to these large towers over the next 6 months or so.

On a side note, rumour has it that the Chicago Spire has been put on hold.

I'm sure we will see a lot more "BA" style stumps out there because of the world financial situation.

how about this...

Rumour has it that instead of the hotel/condo tower, Bazis is building a two storey Tim Hortons and will start hiring beginning next year...

How's that? :)

I was just over there and it's kinda scary cuz im thinkin, they could totally grade this and pave it and have a parking lot. Now, i believe more than anyone that this thing will happen, but the moral of the comment is this: negative thoughts encourage negative outcomes. Lets jus all cross our fingers, assume, if anything, that this project will happen as planned, cuz if we keep fear mongering, it'll still suck if it actually does get cancelled, instead we can jus believe in this thing and be positive. We will know what is gonna happen soon, cuz its wither gonna be EllisDon or paving machinese in a few weeks cuz they are almost done there.

Either way, it looks like a construction site right now.

My mom always told me "believe only half of what you see, and NONE OF WHAT YOU HEAR"

The main problem in Chicago is sales (with only 30% of Spire sold, and a collasped market, there is no wonder why the project may not be completed).

I was just over there and it's kinda scary cuz im thinkin, they could totally grade this and pave it and have a parking lot.

Considering they'd need city approval to rezone the lot for non-accessory parking, I'd say that is near impossible. I think the city would rather have the site surrounded by L'Oreal 2.0 than allow parking on the site.

maybe a new thread?

Hi everyone -

I'm new to posting, but I've been visiting the forum for over a year now and I enjoy all of the updates and news that I glean from spending time here.

I know that this is probably the wrong place to be posting this, but I don't have enough posts to start a new thread, and since the conversation has touched briefly on the state of the economy, I thought I might suggest someone (doesn't matter who) start a thread where we can talk about the economy, and specifically the effect that it will be having on Toronto's development projects.

After reading the article posted a little while back about the state of 'Spire' and other projects in Chicago, and then seeing the markets tumble yet again today, I am beginning to think more about how this will all effect Toronto's projects.

I know that Toronto is a very strong market, arguably stronger than most others, and that the banking and lending system is far more conservatively regulated here than it is in the U.S., but this is obviously an important topic so let's discuss it...

Cheers,
MG

Um... You joined and then posted an economic post with NO real opinions stated in a completely unrelated thread, and are asking others to do the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back