Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

Exaggerating things a little aren't they?
last I checked 1 Bloor East was considered a condo too…

So until there’s actual confirmation of a height increase I wish they’d hold off on making such proclamations.

Unless they got the height increase, they are most likely referring to the fact it is strictly a condo, with no hotel portion like 1 Bloor and Trump

Just because one condo is 80 floors and the other is 75 floors, doesn't mean the 75 floor condo is shorter than the other.

Obviously I realized that. That’s why I made no mention of the floor count.

http://www.urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?t=8129
904ft is more then 804ft ne?

As for Trump, didn't want to mention it because of my personal distaste for spires being included in the official height.
But officially it is, so that makes 2 (part)condo buildings taller.

Anyway it could be just as marcus has mentioned.

That would suggest that they were confident of getting the full 15 storey increase they had originally asked for.

If the 75 storey proposal is 243m, then 90 storeys would likely be around 290m plus or minus a couple of metres. Since 1BE will be 290.5m, this could be very close.

That would suggest that they were confident of getting the full 15 storey increase they had originally asked for.

If the 75 storey proposal is 243m, then 90 storeys would likely be around 290m plus or minus a couple of metres. Since 1BE will be 290.5m, this could be very close.

This might just be our 1st 1000 footer,thats over 300 meters.Why would they want to make it shorter than 1BE or FCP.

I calculated 291.6m..6 meters shorter than FCP .

This tower might actually look good with a 30m decorative spire IMO. That would make it 321.6m:D

I do not know if the pdf has been released by City Planning yet, but I recall reading some time ago that the developer had over-engineered the building design, and was asking for additional height (I believe in the 10 to 15 storey range) in exchange for paying for more public amenities.

This is excellent news indeed. Now we just need the city to approve it, and get shovels in the ground.

Considering the Chase tower in Houston is 1,002 ft., the diagram shows it as being shorter, than if accurate, the tower will not break 1,000 ft.

Received an ad from Aura in my e-mail today indicating the penthouses and executive suites are to be released this weekend. They indicated floors 72 to 74 will be the penthouse suites. It will be funny if the height increase is allowed, as the current 'penthouse' suites will not be so penthouse like.

Back