Toronto Living Shangri-La Toronto | 214.57m | 66s | Westbank | James Cheng

Walked by today but didn't have my camera or cell phone. They blocked off a lane of traffic to hoist up the wooden cladding to hide the stacked construction offices that are placed above the sidewalk tunnel. Lots of activity going on as well, including loud drilling and two construction workers mad mouthing Mats Sundin.

Went by to take a picture today, but hit the video setting and didn't realize till after, so it didn't turn out the way I planned.

They were busy working away mainly on the north side of the site.

22 August 2008 photo update

Lotsa digging here today @approx 3:00PM. Lotsa photos by me too.:)

DSC00344.jpg
DSC00346.jpg

Clearly it's taking a bit longer because there's a big old foundation to dig up.

I pass by Boutique and Shangri-La almost every day. There is a TON of activity happening on both sites. You can really see the scope/activity of these projects from Simcoe Street. Anyway, a friend of mine lives at University Plaza. Her balcony overlooks the Shangr-La site. I'll try and pressure her to take photos for me!

She isn't the forum member that hates glass buildings is she?

the 400 ft. list shows it as 704 ft and 65 floors....what's interesting, in the Saturday Star just this past week, it was advertised as 66 floors...maybe it grew?

afaik the drawing is by Wylie Poon...

Back