News   May 13, 2024
 821     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 2.5K     2 

George Brown College Downtown Campus on Adelaide

Phred

Member Bio
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the construction is on the N side of Adelaide just west of Sherbourne for the George Brown brats? Are they building them a tunnel so they stop stopping traffic on Adelaide crossing south?

They are expanding the Hospitality Building. They are building on top of that court yard.

The render shows a glass facade box that will fill in the entire court yard, also replacing the existing entrance.

This would be gorgeous if they used a seamless curtainwall treatment. I'm assuming they are going to throw some thick aluminum mullions on those window joints.

Even still, its a great looking building and I love the use of some colour. I only hope this is showing us that George Brown wants to step it up on the city scene and that this is only a preview of what they might have in store for the waterfront.

Wow - Adelaide east of Jarvis just might be walkable - I mean actually inviting - very soon. Who'd'a thunk it?

Wow - Adelaide east of Jarvis just might be walkable - I mean actually inviting - very soon. Who'd'a thunk it?

Yep, the GBC building is looking pretty good with the coloured glass and polished aluminum (?) and with Rezen just about done (they are starting to repair the sidewalks at Adelaide and Frederick) and VU getting above ground the street is looking better - though it's a shame it is more of an expressway than a pedestrian zone.

Taken this afternoon just outside Rezen:

img1850qd7.jpg

The street-level kitchens are fully functional this week. They are seriously posh. :eek: There is also a new bakery lab in the basement and a new mixology lab with enough booze for 10 Amy Winehouses. Anyone curious about this building should drop by and check it out. It is fully accessible to the public.

Looks fantastic. My younger brother just applied to GB culinary school so he will probably be using this facility extensively.

Yep, the GBC building is looking pretty good with the coloured glass and polished aluminum (?) and with Rezen just about done (they are starting to repair the sidewalks at Adelaide and Frederick) and VU getting above ground the street is looking better - though it's a shame it is more of an expressway than a pedestrian zone.

You're right this section of adelaide is a real racetrack, hopefully the Mayor will revert this street to a 2 way real soon.

Great form, great materials, great colour and great scale: beautiful (and thanks for the picture).

Back